Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

For those wanting to use Spotify with Moode, Raspotify is a good option.
raspotify/README.md at master * dtcooper/raspotify * GitHub

Thanks for posting this. I have Librespot installed but it has always been a bit temperamental so I created another copy of MoOde to try this. Very easy installation and like they say it "just works".

FYI, the volume problem still exists. But I am not sure that it is a Librespot issue. I control Spotify Connect with my iPhone and when it connected the first time the volume on my phone was set to max. For me that isn't a problem because I keep my amp volume fairly low so my speakers aren't in any danger.

Then I started playing with it. I disconnected and then reconnected to raspotify. The 2nd time the volume was where I had left it. I then started the Spotify app on my PC and connected to that. Again the volume on my phone was set to max and that connection has nothing to do with raspotify or Librespot. So I am thinking that this may be a Spotify Connect issue. When I switch back and forth between the Pi and the PC the volume stays where it was. Even if I close the app on my phone and reopen it the volume stays where I set it. It appears the only time the volume is reset to max is when the client is rebooted.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Its an unresolved librespot issue that occurs when the initial connection is created. The dev has not addressed it yet.
Volume issues * Issue #150 * plietar/librespot * GitHub

Users without downstream volume controls as in your config would experience full volume at their speaks or headphones if they did not know to check the volume control in the Spotify app.

I'll look at integrating librespot when this issue is resolved.

-Tim

Last edited:
Hi,

Very odd. Post a screen shot of NAS config.

When the issue occurs, ssh and then unmount both mounts i.e., run the umount /mnt/NAS/.. command.

Then Open the Sources screen and click the RE-MOUNT button.

-TIm

Hi,

I've done some more tests, deleting sources and recreating them from scratch... Still have the same problem (which seems to be once again related to 3.8+ version).
As requested screenshots from my NAS sources configuration :

First source (working, even after reboot)
Moode_Source1.png

Second source (not working after reboot)
Moode_Source2.png

After a reboot, I connected via SSH to try to unmount as asked.

The first source is mounted and can be unmounted.
The second is not mounted :

Moode_Source3.png

Despite not beeing mounted, the source appears to be OK on the src-config.php page :
Moode_Source4.png

If I click on RE-MOUNT button, only the first source is mounted.
To make second source work, I must go on its settings and validate them (without change). Then some scanning seems to happen (but no Updating message in the browse tab title) and files are again available.

Thanks.

Lirc working...sort of...

I have managed to get a 'stream-zap' brand remote working with my rpi3 using this tutorial..
How To Configure JustBoom IR Remote With LIRC • JustBoom

(note that it states "This guide has been tested with: Moode Audio 2.7, 3.1, 3.7" )

The only odd behaviour is a 25 second delay between button push and the selected action....

Any one know of a setting that may be edited to change this ?

Hi,

I've done some more tests, deleting sources and recreating them from scratch... Still have the same problem (which seems to be once again related to 3.8+ version).
As requested screenshots from my NAS sources configuration :

First source (working, even after reboot)
Moode_Source1.png

Second source (not working after reboot)
Moode_Source2.png

After a reboot, I connected via SSH to try to unmount as asked.

The second is not mounted :

Moode_Source3.png

Despite not beeing mounted, the source appears to be OK on the src-config.php page :
Moode_Source4.png

If I click on RE-MOUNT button, only the first source is mounted.
To make second source work, I must go on its settings and validate them (without change). Then some scanning seems to happen (but no Updating message in the browse tab title) and files are again available.

Thanks.

Hi,

Based on below, I would try configuring just the second source to be sure that it can be successfully mounted and indexed on its own. I'd also remove the trailing slashes on the end of the Remote directory paths.

"After a reboot, I connected via SSH to try to unmount as asked.

The second is not mounted :"

-Tim

Hi Tim
Houston... we have a problem!!!!!!!!

I upgraded to 3.82... all was fine, reboot... then play music and all perfect
So i tried to change latency on LL... from 10ms to 5, reboot and this was the last time that i could see interface...
No way to have it working again, many reboots but nothing to do, even from command line, no connection.

I have managed to get a 'stream-zap' brand remote working with my rpi3 using this tutorial..

(note that it states "This guide has been tested with: Moode Audio 2.7, 3.1, 3.7" )

The only odd behaviour is a 25 second delay between button push and the selected action....

Fixed.! (had the wrong remote code.... two very similar models... both work but one has the delay...)

Hi Tim! I had the same issues with my Mojo as Sergey had so it's not a problem of particular configuration. I had a drop out of track's beginning on Volumio and Moode with pi 3, pi 3 with Digi+ and now with Digione. As I know you added an option to delay the playback to 3.7 version of Moode but the drop out still occurs when you start over the now playing track. So is there a possibility to correct this issue (by adding the delay of playback when you replay the currently playing track) in your future Moode releases? Thank you.

Hi @Sammur

The symptoms "same issues with my Mojo as Sergey" and "drop out of track's beginning ... with Digi+ and now with Digione" is very odd.

Can you verify that its not your downstream audio device thats causing the issue?

moOde already has code that performs stop, 250 ms delay then play whenever a Playlist item is clicked.

-Tim

Hi Tim

So i tried to change latency on LL... from 10ms to 5, reboot and this was the last time that i could see interface...
No way to have it working again, many reboots but nothing to do, even from command line, no connection.

That happened to me with in place upgrade too.

Reimaged from the 3.8.2 full download and no problems since.

Phil

Last edited:
Hi Tim

The same happened to me when I tried to change to 5ms.

Hi. I installed LIRC using the same tutorial on justboom and apple aluminium remote and everything works perfectly without any delay. Did you train your remote yourself or you used an already made file from internet? If i can see your lircd.conf and lircrc files i will compare with mine.

Remy

Hi,

Based on below, I would try configuring just the second source to be sure that it can be successfully mounted and indexed on its own. I'd also remove the trailing slashes on the end of the Remote directory paths.

"After a reboot, I connected via SSH to try to unmount as asked.

The second is not mounted :"

-Tim

Back...

I deleted my first source and kept the second one.
Now it's mounted after a reboot...
I added the other source and seems OK too.

Hope it will stay like this because library scanning takes a while each time.

Thanks.