Mic, Line, EQ... Preamps

mr. andrew,
attaching herewith the schematic. its not pretty but rest assured, the pcb layout as per post 505 and the attached schematic are consistant.
regards
prasi

Yes, checked the schematic at post #528 and the layout - they're consistent. Just auditioned one of these builds - the sonics are excellent and neutral, probably due to the simplicity of the signal path. Substitution of TL074 with an OPA4227 gives jaw-dropping transparency and detail, while still maintaining neutrality. I wouldn't use anything faster than the OPA4227 (8 Mhz GBW, 2.3V/usec SR, unity-gain stable), but YMMV.

Last edited:
Yes, checked the schematic at post #528 and the layout - they're consistent. Just auditioned one of these builds - the sonics are excellent and neutral, probably due to the simplicity of the signal path. Substitution of TL074 with an OPA4227 gives jaw-dropping transparency and detail, while still maintaining neutrality. I wouldn't use anything faster than the OPA4227 (8 Mhz GBW, 2.3V/usec SR, unity-gain stable), but YMMV.
Hi Linusguru,
Thanks for the confirmation of schema. I too had built one based on the scheme. I had used TL074.
reg
Prasi

Hi Linusguru,
Thanks for the confirmation of schema. I too had built one based on the scheme. I had used TL074.

In this application, TL074 is OK but a bit veiled. The Excaliber-series TLE2074 and TLE2142 should be better if you can get them. OPA4134 and OPA4227 are much better for transparency and detail. I haven't tried LME49740 because it's too fast and likely to have stability issues with this layout. I'll try re-design the layout later to keep trace lengths shorter.

In this application, TL074 is OK but a bit veiled. The Excaliber-series TLE2074 and TLE2142 should be better if you can get them. OPA4134 and OPA4227 are much better for transparency and detail. I haven't tried LME49740 because it's too fast and likely to have stability issues with this layout. I'll try re-design the layout later to keep trace lengths shorter.
Do share the layout and component adjustments done. I have been struggling with tone control for a long long time.

Is this correct now??

Regards

HELLO ,
I built this prototype Preamp BJT, I have to test it, but without box, where to connect the "0"?
20160210.jpg

Hello Mr. Mile sir.... My amplifier based on your lm3886 and stereo tone control is working fine. But I feel that bass is lacking. And sound seems very harsh on ears. I have used all components as per the layout. Should I change any components to make it pleasing to the ears?
Reg
Prasi

Hi Prasi,
From your pictures , I see you have used a log pot 10 k for bass and treble.That may be one reason for a uneven sound. You have to use a Linear pot 10 k. I have a apex tone control and its extremely good.