MEGABLASTER2010 (2x100w TK2050)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Today I made the carrying handle. This handle is mainly for the looks and it will be mostly carried on shoulder with a help of leash. So let the photos speak:

Here's the basis for the handle. It's 20x20mm aluminum with round corners:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Cutting plywood for the parts which attach aluminum to the box:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Can't have enough clamps!

Wooden parts are now finished:

My little sister trying to give box some scale:

could you give me a link to any other builds that you have done?

Thanks,
Nicholas G.

Hello Drakmin.

I've followed your project for a while, since we are building our own (although more Boominator-style), but the finish of your megablaster looks like it will be on a completely different level.

Can I ask you what you think it will cost for the plexi-glass laser cutting? I would really like to have that on our blaster, but I'm affraid it will cost too much.

Hi, I think the acryl will cost around 100 euros. Here's the measuring of the box:

Parts drawn:

Test parts printed on paper to see if they fit:

LiPo battery i got from hobbyking is dead. They sold it to me with too low voltage and it cannot be charged. Thank you!

Other things have progressed:

Here's a small mask I made to hide the wood parts. It's not cool if you see wood from the edges of the led scanner:

Yes, the problem is that batteries have 30 days quarantee and I didn't realize I should have tested it instantly when I got it. I just kept the battery in it's package and tested it now that I would have started using it.

Anyway the lipo was dead already when I got it, 18,5V (5s) lipo shouldn't drop to 7V voltage in one month. I won't get refund nor new battery, but this drawback won't stop me. Just 0 points to hobbyking on this one.

as far as i know, any rechargeble battery comes from the factory about 30% charged, not 100% charged.
thats why they asked you to test it when you bought it
a deep discharged to a recharegble battery for long period is harmful and sometimes deadly.
each kind of battery changes the way it should be treated, it is well recomended to read some information about deep dischareged, according to the battery type, of course.

all of these are recommendations, only facts that i know and i hope that someone here will proffesionly talk about it (i dont have any proffesion information to give you)

good luck, and dont let some obstacles to stop you. it is easy to see that it is very serios project and i am waiting to see the final results.

Thanks! Hehe this ain't so serious project but something to keep me entertained on my spare time! I've chosen to replace the dead 18V lipo with 2 x 9,6V 4100mah nimh batteries since I can get those from here where I live. I think 4ah is enough since with ~20V I get about 1x40w peak power from the amp. (and im not listening to square wave anyway)

Hopefully I'll post a lot of progress during next week.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.