Masterpiece

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can not say much about it. I am not the designer.
Send Andrejs an e-mail.

I mean I don't think there is much to that "desing" it is just a tube rectified supply with a zener regulator.

I am wondering if it will be noisier than using battery.
Tonight, if I get a chance I want to compare the battery to a good wall supply with audio transformers, blackgate caps and series regultaro stage followed up by the shunt and see if this betters my "reference" batteries. :xfingers:

:cool:

Joined 2009
Paid Member

Attachments

• Masterpiece CCS.jpg
    Masterpiece CCS.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 173
Joachim, I have to say, that is beautiful work there on your preamp. I will probably never (never say definitely never ;) ) take on a project like this simply because i'm all digital for transport, source and crossover , but I appreciate great execution and dedication to projects of all types.

well done!

Perhaps you are right and the comparisons I saw were of a regulator vs standalone battery.

it always is and this is a completely flawed comparison, should we compare the batteries to the raw unsmoothed bridge output? the fact that batteries, perhaps with basic passive filter afterwards can do so well without regulation, particularly on more constant current loads, says a lot. batteries necessarily result in fairly long, inductive connections, so for more dynamic loads its really not a far comparison.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I know at least one person who tried supplying the Paradise using batteries (that means, 26V battery voltage as input for the CCS-fed shunts), and he mentioned an improvement - not big, but audible.
Perhaps grid-fed power supplies merit further analysis for both noise isolation as well as dynamic capabilities.....

Cool, anyway, they are in good hands.
When i build a ( tube ) phono stage with them you will be one of the first that will hear it.
I have a circuit diagram from Borbely that i posted on the Frickelfest Forum that has to be build. It is super simple and very clever i think.
I never thought that i will go back to tubes but my own design i used on the Frickelfest and the comparison we did at your place ( early MPP against your reference tube phono )
convinced me that there is potential.

Cool, anyway, they are in good hands.
When i build a ( tube ) phono stage with them you will be one of the first that will hear it.
I have a circuit diagram from Borbely that i posted on the Frickelfest Forum that has to be build. It is super simple and very clever i think.
I never thought that i will go back to tubes but my own design i used on the Frickelfest and the comparison we did at your place ( early MPP against your reference tube phono )
convinced me that there is potential.

I my self have really been impressed by one tube phono, it was the klimo top of the line phono (can't remember name of model but I don't think they make a lot of items).
It was very 3D dynamic and colorful! A very, very fine phono stage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.