Masterpiece

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here are the speakers.
There is much to say about the speakers. It is late here so maybe later.
One thing you see is that the woofer are clamped, glued and skrewed into metal tubes that are fixed on the back so that they can not move forward or backward.
The woofer run active with my Back EMF Recyling circuit.
I extract the Back EMF and feed it back to the amplifier.
The midrange is the new 90mm Cell driver from Accuton.
The tweeter is a Heil AMT specially made for me by Mundorf.
The cable is silver ribbons, natural gum dielectric in cotton sleeve.

Attachments

• Paulona prot 1 stef.jpg
    Paulona prot 1 stef.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 182
  • Paulona prot 2.jpg
    Paulona prot 2.jpg
    702.4 KB · Views: 189
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Here are the speakers.
There is much to say about the speakers. It is late here so maybe later.
One thing you see is that the woofer are clamped, glued and skrewed into metal tubes that are fixed on the back so that they can not move forward or backward.
The woofer run active with my Back EMF Recyling circuit.
I extract the Back EMF and feed it back to the amplifier.
The midrange is the new 90mm Cell driver from Accuton.
The tweeter is a Heil AMT specially made for me by Mundorf.
The cable is silver ribbons, natural gum dielectric in cotton sleeve.

Very nice loudspeakers;)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Over why Andrejs tube PSU sounds so good i can only speculate.
For one the tube rectifiers may be even lower ( zero ) in switching noise then the best diodes. Regulation is very simple and based on a special NOS russian zener that was chosen by Andrejs friend in Siberia. I spare you the incredible story how they found it.

I noticed the same using the tube rectifiers 6AX4GT in place of the solid state rectifiers, a lot of more natural sound.

. Regulation is very simple and based on a special NOS russian zener that was chosen by Andrejs friend in Siberia.
Very good fairy-tale type story. Soviet era electronic components have an image of being rare,secret and mysterious.Russian zener diodes? A good story.

I didn't even know that Tube zeners even existed!!
Is it possible to knnow what tubes and zener produced this sound and at what price :eek::eek:?

I think it has been shown a couple of times on the forum that a quality reg can best a battery in performance.

how can that beat a battery if the battery can be followed up by the same regulator.
I am wondering how the regular outlet can better a premium battery, I hope I am wrong since design a power management system requires a lot of free time I probably don't have :faint:

Absolutely true!
I tried standalone battery as first thing and didn’t satisfy me, however I felt there could be potential there so, only when battery is followed up by proper regulator that excels in all respect to the main outlet plus dedicated power cord.

The problem with the battery is service life and having a pretty precise power management system especially when more cells are in series and you need to control the balance of the charge ensuring that every battery cell is properly charged up at the same level and monitoring for cut off voltage to prevent sulfation of the plates.

It is not a tube zener, it is a solid state.
Stefanoo,with the PSU go your own way or we will discuss this issue to the end of the world.

No, no I would try to see if there is a better sounding supply.
I am absolutely not stuck on batteries whatsoever, if there is a better option I would totally consider it.

Now you lost me, I thought you said that the regulation was done by a special Russian tube zener but it was executed by a regular solid state zener?
Would you mind explaining a bit further? From your last comment it looks like the only difference is made by the tube rectifier section.

One thing I noticed and that popped up is the main transformer.
Am I wrong or that is a general purpose transformer? Or maybe it is something more exotic, don’t know.
Please let me know, I am curious.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.