Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

rd17/rd18

Just started removing all the parts off a CD63 board Today using Rays KI mods I wrote a list of the board positions, I got to RD17/RD18, but I could not find them, then I checked Rays mods and saw they were jumpers, I went back to the board and still I cannot find them, I cannot see a jumper that doesn't begin with 'U', is the KI board labelled differently or do I just need better glasses.

Just insert one value and then measure the voltage across it. Divide the voltage by the resistance and this will give you the current running through it, I = U / R (Ohm's Law).

It should be close to 2mA or 0,002A. If it is a bit low, you can lower R11, if it is a bit high, you can raise R11. The current depends on the actual LED forward voltage which varies a bit per LED. This way, you'll be able to tweak it :)

Ray

time to break the silence!

Thanks for that last reply Ray, I'm going to break the silence with some more questions.

For the power supply to Dos I am thinking of using this board
$(KGrHqIOKo8FGKL,7oYzBRp)RS1UGg~~60_35.JPG
after the toroid, followed by this
SP-2-PCB-ONLY1.jpg

before dos (the 4 diodes replaced by 2 jumpers)

just want to know the best cost effective electrolytic capacitors to use on the 2 boards, would it be Panasonic FM on the 1st board then on the second board C1 and C2 FM's and C3 and C4 FC's

I'd rather use just the second board. It has room for rectifier diodes and smoothing caps, just like the first one. There are a few extra ceramic caps, but you can easily stick them on the underside of the second board.

Panasonic FM and FC are good choices, Rubycon comes to mind as well, and you can have a look at Elna Cerafine or Silmic to use at the output-side of the regulators, or on the DOS board.

Regards,

Ray

Separate regs for DAC

I have done a lot to my CD63 KI player, but I haven't reclocked or added separate regs. Now I'm going to dive into adding separate regs. I will start with three for the DAC, just using plain simple 7805s.
RD01 and RD04 for digital and clock. But what is the best placement for analogue DAC. And where should I tap input and ground to these three regs?

polarity of elecs

Just been soldering the parts at the end of Rays KI list, some of the ceramics replaced with electrolytics, it was easy deciding the polarity such as C152, on the ones where it wasn't obvious I put negative to ground, I'm hoping thats OK, otherwise it looks like getting my desoldering pump out again.

regs

I have done a lot to my CD63 KI player, but I haven't reclocked or added separate regs. Now I'm going to dive into adding separate regs. I will start with three for the DAC, just using plain simple 7805s.
RD01 and RD04 for digital and clock. But what is the best placement for analogue DAC. And where should I tap input and ground to these three regs?

U200 is the analog feed for the dac, use the top screen for earth and +12v to give some headroom.;)