Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Joined 2006
Paid Member
padman said:
Quick update....

Just fitted some more shottkys and 100/120p 1% caps:D

1st impressions more detail... much more detail:D

Overall a cleaner sound, better spacial effect, ss is much wider .. Biggest improvement overall is BASS :devilr:

So much more bass i had to check the tone defeat was on:bigeyes:

Hi Ian

Where did you put the 100/120p caps ?

Ricardo

Hi guys,
take 2 CD-53, both with one Flea & PSU, schottkys and big'n good caps, LM4562.
One with Servo reclocked as best as possible with a flipflop (mine now), the other with factory filter rebuild with good resistors and styroflex (my former).
The first one has better bass but harsh and blur mids (violins sounds like withe noise!) and the rebuild filter one (and no DC caps...) sounded more relaxed, mabe less dynamic but far better textured matters. I find hard to listen too long for the player, maybe the alsmost no Rubycon ZL have no good effect... maybe maybe...
Is that normal that the filter does that much? (wich means the DOS will unveil that ready-to-sing player...) Or my waitings now have revalued by much...

Just exchanged the output caps from the DOS for Mundorf Supreme's.

uid1651_494cdfd0ec46638d068ffe5c1ff283de.gif

Listening now :)

Excellent stuff. The Supreme's are fantastic caps, soo neutral and detailed.

I just started work on my cd63KI again after it sitting on a shelf for about a year gathering dust. I've recently been using a highly modded cd17KI, but it cannot compete with a servo and dac clocked cd63 for detail, so I'm switching back.

Just out of interest, Ray have you ever servo clocked a cd63?I can't see a reference to one on your site.

Cheers, Lee.