Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

6h5c said:
Pin 5 voltages look o.k., but pin 6 is a bit low. If the supply voltage is 5V, that voltage should be quite close to 2.5V. With 2.38V, the supply voltage on R161 would be 4.76V. Can you confirm?

The +/- 10V for the motors is not regulated and unloaded, so it's much higher than mentioned in the manual, that's normal.

Maybe you don't even have to replace the TCA, I'd first try two new 1R resistors, or did you try that already?

Regards,

Ray

Hi Ray,
I've checked again : pin 6 2.45V and R161 4.87V.
I've fitted two new R but not fuse type, You think I may try the TCA again? I'm a bit like a shy virgin girl now don't dare touch anything!

Simon, as for the neon light I may get rid of it if I havin the strip unplugged one day...

Matthieu

The best happened!
Thanks Ray ;)
I've discovered that fuses can act... like fuses, find the problem (TCA shorted with ground), fix it, change the fuses and here you go... stupid me :) like order output caps and check after if it fits... it does not...

Back to normal... not in fact, it's the first time I'm listenning it with the dedicated PS for analog Decoder and each channel of the DAC analog, all three with the 7805 direclty at the *** of the ZL very close to the chip. And Teflon caps bypassing the MKP. LM4562 are still in factory's filter.
It's far more foot tapping, cleaner in mids. At least now it does the minimum involving music I was looking for and the bass needed to make my old DM4 move.

No way to talk to me again of the coax for SICK and SIDA -AIDS in french- wich says it all!

But don't be scared, I've still got more stupid questions in my bag. Here is one:
Rubycon ZL 220/50 or 470/35 for the DAC Analog and DOS? I got both... and still lazy to try... asking for experienced people here. I will bypass the DAC analog pins with Rifa 0.01 MMK to try (hey you see I sometimes do try and don't ask before for a yes/no answer!).

Two weeks longing for my Holco from hificollective... defo find that strange... and my DOS boards just missing these.

I'm happy and ready to solder things (but coax...)

Matthieu

That's good news Matthieu! :cool: I'm glad you were able to fix it.
I'd hate to see another Marantz declared :RIP:

As for the caps, I would go for the 470/35V. Both are the same case size right? So their ESR should be about the same anyway.

BTW, for Holco/PRP resistors, I use Partsconnexion. Shipping is a bit more expensive, but they ship very fast worldwide! And with the current dollar rate.... :D

Regards,

Ray

padman said:
Hi all :)

Just arrived are 120p/1% and 120p/1% caps, silly question are they directional? they have a small line to 1 end:xeye:

Also for R613-616 i have 100uH/1R7 or hard wire?

Thanks Ian

Hi Ian,

You must mean 100p... :D

Your question is not silly, because they are indeed sort of directional :yes:. Not in the sense of a plus and minus side, but the line marks the side where the outer foil is connected to. It should be connected to GND or the output side of a circuit or opamp. The foil acts as a screen if the outer side is connected to GND or any other low-impedance point.

If you look at C601/602 for example, the marked side should be connected to pin 1 of the opamp.

For R613...616 I'd use the 100uH. It will provide some extra decoupling. If you have dedicated regulators near the opamps it's better to hardwire them.

Regards,

Ray

Joined 2006
Paid Member
6h5c said:

BTW, for Holco/PRP resistors, I use Partsconnexion. Shipping is a bit more expensive, but they ship very fast worldwide! And with the current dollar rate.... :D
Hi Ray

I agree that Partsconnection are fast shipping and very informative but I experienced some trouble related with customs and UPS shipping costs... Is this normal or was I very unlucky ?

Ricardo

Most of the times you have to pay import tax. But that's normal, because for international customers the sales tax on the Partsconnexion invoice is $0.00. The customs office of the receiving country deals with that usually.

If your shipment is over a certain amount of dollars, it will be very likely you have to pay extra. I had that once, when I ordered some tubes, T-shirts and other relatively expensive stuff. I already anticipated that, and it was still cheaper than buying locally. With small shipments of a few caps and resistors, the amount is only a few euro's, or none at all (my last order was about $35 with no extra tax).

UPS never charges extra shipping costs to my knowledge, it was probably a C.O.D. (Cash On Delivery) shipment where UPS cashes the extra import tax. An alternative is to find a source in the EU.

Ray

As I've needed a fast way to check if music was well played within these days (...) I wish I haven't removed the headphone part. Have seen the website pointed by Pete and found that I can build a CMoy amp with the parts around (OPA2132, Rubycon 220/50...). That's a cool solution for fast check... even if it's ugly in my case!
With the different headphones I have I defo need a pot...
Thanks to Chivvyp! (Well CMoy is everywhere on Google... that guy is famous!)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.