Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Lme49720ha

Guys, just recieved a pair of LME49720HA's. As I've only just put the DOS in my CD63, I thought I'd try them in my 67.

They are absolutely outstanding!

My 67's got a Trichord clock, 2 additional seperate std (7805) regs for the DAC, Elana Silmics on the opamps and a couple of basic cap upgrades, oh and HDAM bypass but nothing to serious. :confused:

It's definately giving my 63 a run fo its money!

I know you have said how good these are but now I see!!

:D

Attachments

• img_5183.jpg
    img_5183.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 321
Re: Re: Lme49720ha

RCruz said:

What do you mean ?

It is outrunning the DOS ?

I know these opamps are good... but not that good...:hot:

My DOS took a while to burn in but now it sounds unbeatable !!!

Ricardo

I meant its very very good in terms of cost comparison!

The whole DOS U/G costs me over £190 inc the BG's, output caps,SRegs,Silver wire and silver on copper phono sockets, the LME's in tin hats cost $20!!!

I'm just surprised how much better than the 4562's they are!

The DOS has been running non stop for about 130hrs now and I step back everytime I listen to it! Its in a different league, but then it should be :cool:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Now I agree with you.

The jfet no feedback design is so good I am considering replacing my pre (now using a LME49720HA on the output) by a jfet buffer.

FYI I just completed building a jfet Riaa (Salas design and Lee´s special help).... only 1 hour playing and I am already amazed by the speed, detail and soundstage size..:hot:

Ricardo

Joined 2006
Paid Member
rowemeister said:
Excellente.

I'm building a pre amp for work to run with the modified Naim NAP90 amp I'm building a nice buffer and uber phono stage for it.
I'm also adding relay switching for the input & relay muting on buffer.

NAP90 modded

Hi Brent

The preamp you are building has a biffer without gain ?

Can you post a layout so I can feel isnpired ?

What is the Riaa you are building ?

Regards

Ricardo

Joined 2006
Paid Member
rowemeister said:
It's approx same buffer you have apart from the layout will be different and muting added to the pcb.
Hi Brent

I did not build the buffer pre yet. I am still using the Meridian 101 now with a metal can in the output module.
This module has a 6x gain so I am not decided what to do to replace it.
I have two buffers, a pot, a TX and two Spowers waiting for a decision. That is why I need to know about your pre.

What about the Riaa... what type is it? jfet no feedback ?

rowemeister said:
I have had Russm8 63KI Tenzing in for upgrade. I have added a few pics of the mods to my web site.

1x SPower on DAC analogue
1x SPower on Servo analogue
1x Spower on Servo digital
1x C1 8.46 Mhz clock on servo
1x Pair of DOS
2x Mundorf Supreme 4.7uF output caps

HERE

Awesome work..... you keep getting better all the time. Are you using shielded cables for the psu lines ?

Ricardo