Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

rowemeister said:
L700 said:
recently i Change opamp to discrete opamp , upgrade the clock , RCA Jack upgrade to Switchcraft than wire with 6N Silver Wire
and the section i upgrade below

PSU Regualtor - Black Gate STD
OPAMP - Black Gate N
HDAM - Panasonic FM
Analog Output - Black Gate STD
DAC - Sanyo OS-CON

all the things above i mod the price is more than the player alone :xeye:
QUOTE]

Cool. Try bypassing the HDAM and tell us what you think ;)

Brent

i will try later but i try not to remove the transistor i hate the poping sound

RCruz said:
I need to do the coax so I can make it longer:smash: :devily:

Spot on - you will like that mod, even though it's a subtle effect.

UV101 said:
Check it out now!!!!!!

How do you find that old Philips player? I'm modding a Philips CD650 (TDA1541A) and love the character, although the detail and clarity are still nothing like my CD63 was.

Simon

SimontY said:

How do you find that old Philips player? I'm modding a Philips CD650 (TDA1541A) and love the character, although the detail and clarity are still nothing like my CD63 was.
Simon

The guy I used to work for recently upgraded to an audioaero capital mkII (poss the best CD player on the planet). I gave him a bottle for it! :D

rowemeister said:
Simon what you need is a nice CD17 with mods :angel:
Brent

Yeah! apparently there's one for sale on ebay!!!!!!!

I'd offer 2 or £300 but I don't think the very nice man would accept it!!!
:clown:

Yeh, it's very good indeed, one of the best I've heard at your "workshop". I also think the big (excessive?) bass would work wonderfully with open baffle speakers. I simply love the TDA1541 sound at home though, I just need a little more detail and refinement from it, which is doable... I know because I heard Lee's at my house and it was good enough not to find any faults whatsoever.

This perspective may change when I build my new speakers though... I should have much higher resolution with which to judge sources.

Simon

ps - what's this about bottle?? :xeye:

SimontY said:
ps - what's this about bottle?? :xeye:

Thats what I gave for the player!

Thought i'd see what I can make it do (although it sounds like poop compared to the 63 at the mo)

Starting with the PSU - FC's for smoothers except the biggies where I will end up with mundorfs. Hexfreds, Seperate some rails with std regs (Clock, DAC, Filter) and ZA's poss in prep for SRegs! Changed the clock 4 back to 11Mhz ready to go in later today. Got an A version of the DAC and mkp 220's to go in. Op Amps on their way (Lee) BG's on those. Just remembered I got 2 12v Audiocom Q powers that I can use on the servo! Oh and OS-Cons on the CDM1!

Lets see what that does for me!!

Is the 17 that good then??