Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

I currently have a 63KI in thats had the Audiocom Daku upgrade and more done to it. Guy has spent over £850!!!

It sounds very good though, but god they don't do things well. Invisus regs with 2 foot of wire on each one. 2x clocks with a foot too much wire on them too. Im busy shortening all wires and adding a SPower to the dac ana.

Just shortening the wires and moving the 12V to the opamps direct has made such a big difference, much more open and spaciousness. Bypassing Hdam too brought the same kind of gains.

Brent

I always disagree with Simon - it's my new job.

I think good speaker cable is very very important BUT only when everything is sorted. The SPower would make more difference right now and also when you do upgrade your "chav" speaker cable.

LOL sorry Argos makes me think of all the chavs who buy cheapo jewellery to bling themselves up before driving off in a corsa with dustbin exhaust and no power.

Brent

rowemeister said:
I always disagree with Simon - it's my new job.

I think good speaker cable is very very important BUT only when everything is sorted. The SPower would make more difference right now and also when you do upgrade your "chav" speaker cable.

LOL sorry Argos makes me think of all the chavs who buy cheapo jewellery to bling themselves up before driving off in a corsa with dustbin exhaust and no power.

Brent

you forgot the million watts of amplifier with the speakers to shake the rust out.

(Every Sunday or so I'm told - Rhyl seafront !!)

Andy

rowemeister said:
I currently have a 63KI in thats had the Audiocom Daku upgrade and more done to it. Guy has spent over £850!!!

It sounds very good though, but god they don't do things well. Invisus regs with 2 foot of wire on each one. 2x clocks with a foot too much wire on them too. Im busy shortening all wires and adding a SPower to the dac ana.

Just shortening the wires and moving the 12V to the opamps direct has made such a big difference, much more open and spaciousness. Bypassing Hdam too brought the same kind of gains.

Brent

2 clocks !!

I wonder how long they've been doing that ?
They must read this thread.

Andy

2 clocks !!

I wonder how long they've been doing that ?
They must read this thread.

I advised the bloke to get it done as they had his player nearly 4 months LMAO. 2X Sclock 4 though on dedicated psus.

They have changed the way they do things though, same way we do it and LM4562 etc etc they even do level paths like we do @ Sercal. I take it as a compliment. lol

Brent

Argos OFC copper speaker cable......

Hrmph..........er....yes.....well........

In my defence I bought it some time ago when I had an ancient CD50SE with an old NAD 7020SE tuner/amp.

I hadn't heard of modding, or thought of Marantz kit, for that matter.

Since then I've been spending my money where it counts, on the source.

Well, on the sources, actually, after I've blown a board up....:xeye:

PS. I bought it to replace the QED 79 strand I bought with the NAD in 198something!!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
jimh0612 said:

Since then I've been spending my money where it counts, on the source.

Well, on the sources, actually, after I've blown a board up....:xeye:

Would you care to post some pictures of your CDP ?

I am trying to collect those.... I always find some inspiration that way.

Actually I am considering moving the +-12v sregs near the opamps....

Ricardo