Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Joined 2006
Paid Member
rowemeister said:
I would connect GNDA to the GND pin on the reg. Keeping C1 C2 & C3 gnd really close and equal length

Ok Brent

That settles it.

Now I only have one GND per sreg.

Should I connect this sreg GND to the dedicated psu and than a wire comming from the PSU to star earth ?

Or should I route ALL GND to the same star earth in the player ?

I believe you did something like this in 2006 !!

Did you route the servo´s GND to the star earth ?

Regards

Ricardo

Re: One last try asking for help.

magilla said:
I have reassembled my 67SE and it will not spin and reports error 12, HELP

The sled will move in and out using the eject button, ribbon cable changed for point to point but this did not change anything.

I'm no good at fixing things but in the absence of a better reply I'll ask the obvious - have you have a very thorough look under the PCB for solder splashes or cracked joints?

Have you reconnected any extra psus, regs and all of the relevant connectors?

Have you measured for voltage (usually 5v) at all the chips?

Does the CD spin really fast or does the mech make crunching or grinding noises?

Simon

magilla said:
All I did was change 4 capacitors and the opamp on the headphone circuit, put it back to together and it won't spin at all. Can a change on the muting-headphone circuit do that?

I suppose the chips in question would be the 3 TDA7073 at pins 16, 13, 12, 9 versus gnd?

When I break mine it's often something totally unrelated that I've snagged somewhere or cracked by bending the pcb, bear this in mind.

SimontY said:

When I break mine it's often something totally unrelated that I've snagged somewhere or cracked by bending the pcb, bear this in mind.

If I recall correctly, youn have to remove the board to desolder the opamp in the headphone circuit.

As soon as you remove the board there's plenty of other things that can go wrong, I've caused most of them!

Regards

Pete

SimontY said:

Yeh, just pulling the board out and putting it back in could easily cause an Error 12 lmao :bigeyes:

lol. I know what you mean, it gets quite tricky when there's a load of psu's etc to remove with it.

I had another trip to Brent's workplace yesterday and had the privilege of seeing & hearing the uber-machine. I was very impressed, you can hear the potential even through the setup there. It must sound awesome through a really good system.

Anyway, it's got me in the mood to mod, so I'm off to implement a few minor tweaks, good quality cap replacements for the little ceramics around the decoder/servo and owt else I can think of:smash: :smash:

Lee

Just done the Pana FC upgrades around the PSU from Ray's list, put BG 470uF standard at CD05, CD06 and the opamps. I already have some Rayregs in.

Wow! The difference with the BG's is night and day, even with them brand new in.

Running LM4562's biased into Class A, well run in already.

Left it playing on constant repeat and gonna let it all settle for a week then I'm gonna drop in a C1 clock my wife got me from Brent for Xmas, which I'm really looking forward to.

Happy modding everyone, get stuck in Lee!!!!

a VERY happy Jim:) :)

Malefoda said:
And you MUST upgrade your 11L =)

True Matthieu. I followed your thread with interest.

I mainly listen on the Grado's at the moment so not such a priority but I know I'm missing something. I also need to upgrade the speaker cables as well.

I put the BG's in to replace the Elna RJH's at CD05, CD06 from Ray'slist.

I still have two left, any suggestions where best to use them?

In addition I have 3x 3300u/16v i got for separate PSU's. It's going to be a while until I get the transformers so might use them in the place of the Pana FC's?

I will also have a pair of (almost) new 220u/16v BG FK from my PM66KI which I am replacing with BG AC's, so where best for the FK's in the 63?

Questions, questions, but I've been waiting a while to get my hands on BG's so I want to use 'em.

Cheers
Jim

no disc error code 02

HI All
Sorry of topic but can you avice thanks
Ah My Marantz 67 seems to have stopped playing the disc come up no disc serves mode error code 02
Service Mode P.00 nothing P01 lased moves ticking sound P02 fast spinning disc on ticking P03 fast spinning raped ticking and laser movmentI don’t know but looks like laser problem
Can anyone help advice on this
Thanks

:cannotbe: :devilr: