Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

jimh0612 said:

Now we're talking about it I think Brent once posted about adjusting the laser to make it stronger, but I don't know how successful it can be, and it's only a matter of time before it goes again.

Jim

These laser cannot be adjusted to make them stronger, they just fail if you do. I have in the past mentioned adjusting the grating on the laser after you fit a new VAM and it wont track very well.

Getting the laser from cpc gets you a laser already on the traverse and never seem to need setting up

Brent

Joined 2006
Paid Member
rowemeister said:
I assume the sense gnd on the reg you are building will be connected to the gnd on the reg with the minimum distance used.

rowemeister said:
Run all to the star mate
Hi Brent

Finally built the psu for the servo´s regs.

One sreg for servo analog that gives a reading of +4.91v

One reg (317) for servo digital that reads +5.01v

Can this difference be an issue?

Also, I want to place a small pcb in the player to act as a star earth.

I would like to use U274 for Star earth but this place is too crouded and I can not place the pcb there.

Can you suggest a better placement for the star earth ?

Please post some pictures...:angel:

Best regards

Ricardo

RCruz said:

Thank you Brent

You have all GND to the small pcb but where did you connect this pcb to the GND on the player ?

Ricardo

I don't mean to be rude, but that's a funny question if you think about it! :smash:

The star ground is where ALL GROUNDS from the pcb and additional power supplies go!

Run grounds from each additional psu, the output sockets, the DAC, the decoder, the servo etc etc to the new star ground.

Simon

rowemeister said:
I fitted some nice Mundorfs on Friday. I have run them all weekend but without a proper listening test as i've been out.

From what i've heard there is more clarity (less colouration) and a little more detail retrieval. My proper listening test will be on friday when the caps have had a week to bed in.

I think gold bullion would be worth less than the corner of that player :bigeyes:

I also think your pure silver sockets could be doing a good 50% of the improvements you're hearing.

Simon (not jealous :drool: )

SimontY said:

lmao

I also have four 2200uF FK's before the regs, and I swapped the 470uf std for 220uf FK. I found that the detail, power and separation went up quite a bit, the sound seems to erupt from the speakers. At first this was too much, but I've now decided I like them very much. I just wonder if 470uF fk's would make a difference, or is 220uF enough?

Lee.