Magico Mini

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Andy Graddon said:
guess that makes me the winner.. I actually got pretty close to the price as well, very close because I was thinking in Aussie dollars !!!

thank for joining in , guys !!!

Winner? Do you get a paper hat with that? :D

I think Salas deserves a runner up prize for his admirable self respect and restraint through this trying period not to mention correctly guessing the manufacturer.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Saltuk said:
Salas , you are the winner . Come to Ýstanbul , first Seabass on Grill with raki , then baklava with Turkish coffee :) (By the way everyone is invited!)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I want to visit once, its near! I will listen to your system too! Is that the Vosporous straights in the pic? Istanbul meaning to THE city??

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
What? You mean you know that Godess too? I am on my way!

Attachments

• screenshot5.gif
    screenshot5.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 716
obiwan said:
Have to listen to these Usher's one day. Terry do you know anyone with them in Oz where you can hear them. I see WickedDigital sell them.

no trev, I don't . But yeah, if they can at least compete in the magico ball park, for that price, it would be foolish to ignore them.

Sooo, have we been able to come to a conclusion whether DIYers can compete with the hidden knowledge available to the skilled technicians of some of the boutique high end manufacturers?

terry j said:

Sooo, have we been able to come to a conclusion whether DIYers can compete with the hidden knowledge available to the skilled technicians of some of the boutique high end manufacturers?

http://www.usheraudio.com.au/speakers/speakers/be718.html

If you read this page you will see Danny's name listed. He has often frequented the forums in the past. I was only exchanging emails with him this morning. Even Joe and Siegfried Linkwitz have been known to drop in to Mad or PE board in the not too distant past. The likes of Danny, Jim Salk, Rick Craig and several others who could now be considered reasonably high end commercial all still visit forums occasionally and came up through the DIY ranks.

The big boys may have access to easier and faster and cheaper ways of doing speakers by mass production, and some can do stuff with aluminium that can only be done on BIG machines which it would be VERY difficult for DIY to do. But all in all, there is really very little difference in the knowledge base, just the power and funding to implement it.
Basic designs such as the Usher, Mini etc, really would not provide a problem for a competent woodworker, and the 2-way x-os would not be a problem for a competent x-o designer.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Saltuk said:
@MJL21193 Hey she is not Tamer she is an actress Basak koklukaya !

Salas I know the actress but not in person, my friend is "Mustafa" in the film, the goddess is Basak koklukaya.

No problem with film posters and messed up names under faces. We DIY, so we can clone her, or we can tweak him to be her!:smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.