Magico Mini

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
MJL21193 said:
He's online too. Just LHAO at us.

I know its pretty sick and I will probably get some bad karma of my own for even thinking it but can I pose a hypothetical here?

Lets just assume that straight after hitting the post button, the guy colapsed and is now face down in his keyboard and doomed to be forever logged into DIYA but posts nothing of significance?

Oh no wait that's us trying to fight off sleep between posts.

No my friends I would be the looser if I had paid 30k for the minis (they looked georgeous though :).

Yes Salas, they are Ushers. The new BE-718. They do almost everything the minis do. Same holographic soundstage, amazing microdetails, deep accurate bass, perfect treble...

And they costs 3k with their matching stands.

The first FR graph belongs to YG Acoustics Anat Reference Main Module, it was amazing on nearly everything but it was not a complete speaker, there almost was no bass. You need to pay another 32k for the bass module replacing the stands !

And yes as you all guessed the second graph belongs to the one I choose the Ushers , with good placement they do everything the Minis do (well atleast to my ears)

Bottom line I am still in love with the minis but it was like deciding to marry with a top model that is very expensive to make happy . The Ushers are your girlfriend from college almost as beautiful but much more reliable ( think about selling the minis after a few years, I found a deal for 14k, almost half of the retail price even now) and the dinner with her wont cost 3 figures, a big mac menu will just do fine:)

Ýn the end only the music matters , I am enjoying the new speakers very much.

I believe the DIY is the way to go but, if you dont have time , talent , experience and patience like me the next best thing is "let your Taiwaniese friends do it for you ":)

The High-end scene is slowly changing, if the manufacturers from far east develops a good dealer chain and can get unbiased reviews from commercial press , it will be really hard for current big brands to sell the stuff they produce with current prices.

Finally I would not call buying the Minis in full price a mistake , it is a matter of wealth proportion , but for me to pay that deer for an item , it needs to have more than good function to justify the price .
The minis are not say-mechanical time pieces that was handmade by a manufacture that founded 250 years ago with customers like Napoleon Bonaparte, a loudspeaker don't have a heritage or history behind it, it is just a tool , not a masterpiece.

Thanks for all input (mature or immature),
it is now for me:

-The Happy End-
Regards,

Saltuk.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.