• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lovoltech LU1014D power JFET

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys,
Be patient. (Where have you heard that phrase before?) I am out of town at the moment. I have internet access, but absolutely zero time.
I hope to get home tonight or tomorrow. We will initiate another European buy ASAP. If the Wiki is/was any indication, there is still a great deal of unrequited interest in Europe.
I know Nelson has out a new design--or four--and I know you'll want to build things. I've just got a few things to attend to. I'm not going to leave you hanging for parts.
I've got plenty of parts overall. I have some stock of matched parts and can open new tubes and match more. It will be okay, one way or another.

Grey

P.S.: I warned everyone there would be some grumbling on my part.
P.P.S.: Glancing over the posts above, it appears that Steen has the best ratio of availability, time, etc. and even a few endorsements. If he's silly enough to volunteer, then we'll investigate details.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
GRollins said:

P.P.S.: Glancing over the posts above, it appears that Steen has the best ratio of availability, time, etc. and even a few endorsements. If he's silly enough to volunteer, then we'll investigate details.

steen?

yup-we all already know that he's silly.......always...
yup-and usually and unusually fast as a thunder , in making gadgets
:clown:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
len_scanlan said:
Thanks Choky, for directing me to this thread - I thought all the Lovoltech trading was done and dusted..

So to whoever is offering to take care of us European buyers - please add my name to the list for up to 20pcs!

regards,

Len.

just look for news at this place,and - and be sure to send personal e-mail to EU group buy organizer,whoever that will be.......we cannot expect that he trace every post on Pass forum and here.........seems that some ppl expected that solely posts here are obligatory........

Okay, folks, I'm back home. I've caught up on e-mail. Got North American orders under control. Fear not, we will find some goofy-head...er...strike that...let's say that we will find some nice person to handle another round for Europe. For the time being, I have been telling European buyers to watch this thread for news.
Steen and I have traded a few e-mails. At this point, the ball is in his court. He will have to decide whether he will go where angels fear to tread. Or not, as the case may be. It's his choice.
Me? I ain't no angel. I jumped in with both feet. Does that make a fool? Probably.

Grey

I must be silly allright, to do this.
I would like the people wanting to buy some of these Jfets to send me an email with the amount of fets they want. This is just an attempt to figure out how many devices I would have to buy from Grey to cover the demand. You are not ordering yet.
So please send me a mail with the amount you want, matched or unmatched, your DIYaudio nickname and your real name.
I suggest that collecting the interest should run over a few days from now. When that is done, I will look at the practical details.

Steen:)

Aus Update

Grey and I are still fighting the bureaucracy we call "banking" It seams trading across continents is to complicated for the average banking system, In the UK you typically have a sort code and account number, In Aus its a BSB and account number, In the US its seams to be Receiving Institution ABA Routing Number + Beneficiary Institution ABA number + Beneficiary Account Number. The consequence of this is confused bank tellers that don’t have the training required to translate the different systems.
Was this conflict of standards deliberately setup as a conspiracy against the Jfet hunters?
I always classed Paypal as a bit of a rip-off now I know why they are both viable and successful.

I will update when I have some resolve on this matter or when I give up whatever comes first.

Yours truly fed up :cuss: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :headbash: :scratch:

As noted above, the Australian order is being held up by bureaucracy and other time-wasters. We'll get it solved.
Also, Steen appears to be charging into the fray bearing the European banner. All European (...and other? Steen, how much of the world are you handling?) buyers should contact him with your needs.
Incidentally, the banking and postal problems we are having are the very reason I would prefer not to do foreign orders one-by-one. I can't afford the time and hassle. It's bad enough to have to go through this once or twice, but to have to do it dozens of times...no way. I'm not charging enough on these things to pay for the Prozac or whatever the current happy-drug of choice might be.
I've got to get some writing-related things attended to over the next day or two, so although I'm back in town I may not be able to give the JFET thing my full attention. All together now: Be Patient.

Grey

P.S.: This banking/postal nonsense reminds me of the periodic attempts here in the US to "simplifiy the tax code." I shudder every time I hear those words. For sure, the tax system here in the US is out of control, but the attempts to 'simplify' it always seem to make it worse.
However, you'd think that banks could at least use standardized nomenclature, rather than complicating things with different terms from country to country. Had some of the same problems with getting the UK buy going. Dave's bank wanted to call the information one thing, my bank was offering up other things, and everybody was insisting that their way was the only way. Ugh.

Steen, how much of the world are you handling?
Mainly EU. We have IBAN and SWIFT code's here in EU,
instead of those things you listed.
I can take care of a few other orders from other parts of the world if needed, after reading the post above, I really would prefer Paypal to handle the money. Within the EU there is no problem with bank transfer.
Outside EU, Paypal is the way to go.

Steen.

Hi guys. Just an update. There is a fairly big interest in the Lovoltech's, counting the amount of emails I received so far:) I will move forward and order a bunch of them from Grey. If this thing works out smoothly, I might do another round if needed, so dont worry if you miss the first one:) Since a lot of you wants matched fets, I guess you need to be a bit patient. I wont match them myself, but will leave that part to Grey. To let the man have a decent oppertunity to get the work done properly, I will not try to push things.
The prices for unmatched J-fets will be as Dhole's. For the matched fets I didnt calculate it yet, but you can do that yourself if you wish. Just add the same percentage as was done on the unmatched devices. Postage, ofcourse comes on top of that.
I will try and get the very good prices of the company that has the pleasure of having me employed. They have a special agreement with DHL.
This is gonna be a lot of work for me, but since I am myself suffering from a severe case of DIY fever, I will do it to make all you guys happy;) I will keep you posted:)
I cant blame you, for wanting the Lovoltech's after listening to this one:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74203

Steen:cool:

I am still getting e-mails that lack the basic information I requested earlier in the thread:
--Your DIY userid
--Your real name
--Your mailing address
--How many devices you want
--Whether you want matched or unmatched devices

Also, you do not need to ask whether I have devices. I have them.
The only piece of the puzzle that's missing is you.
Bear in mind that I am handling Mexico, the US, and Canada. As we speak, Stones is wrapping up a sub-buy for Australia and the surrounding area. Steen is beginning another sub-buy for Europe and possibly other places as well. Decide which part of the world you belong to and contact that person. Given that Stones is finishing his order, he may or may not be open to the idea of late entries, but you can ask. Just be real, real polite because he's quite frustrated with banks and may bite. I can sympathize, having been through the mill with the postal peons several times already.
When this is over, we're all going out for a drink.
(Those who don't drink alcohol can order grapefruit juice.)

Grey

EDIT: I don't take PayPal. Steen is free to take PayPal if he wishes, but please don't start in on me about PayPal. PayPal is only convenient for as long as the money remains in their system. I don't want money in the PayPal system because I rarely do anything where it would be useful. Getting money out of PayPal is, by all accounts (pun intended), an unpleasant experience...one I would rather avoid.

Here is an update. I have enough orders to handle at this point.
I have settled for an amount of fets, to cover the demand for now.
I am ordering some extra devices to cover for lost mail and so on.
If there is some leftovers in the end, I will let you know. Dont get too worried if you didnt make this first round. If the whole thing turns out right, I might consider one more round if needed.
I calculated the prices in Euro, since this part of the GB is mainly EU.

Unmatched
1-19= 2,35 euro
20-99= 2,10 euro
100+ = 1,95 euro

Matched
1-19 = 3,60 euro
20+ = 3,20 euro

The postage is yet to be determined. I am looking into several options.
About the payment from contries not in the EU, if you dont have Paypal, I think a good idea would be to put the money in a letter and send it as registered mail. I have had letters from Hong Kong and other places only few days after they were sent. I understand that the banking world probably cant do it that fast.
If you have questions, dont hesitate to send me an email.
Thats it for now, I will return as soon as the postage thing is settled.

Steen:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.