Kenwood KA-3500 and my blooper

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Where are we up to :) Morning Sakis... today... it will work :D

Easy one first. LTSpiceIV from here, Winodws or MAC as appropriate. Links at right of page.

Linear Technology - Design Simulation and Device Models

Methinks your speaker switch is OK. With the speaker switch set to A the speaker terminals should read short to chassis from the negative speaker terminals and each of the positive terminals should read "short" to the output of each amplifier as appropriate.

So where are we at ?

sakis! good morning sir. yes, that makes sense, and i see in the schematic that there are a couple of 40K resistors there that engage when that set of speakers are not in use. very good, thanks.
please ignore the readings for speaker terminals above. seems i did not remove the darn-nab speakers before i took the readings. like i said, "duhh".
now, does this seem right for the terminals?
speakers-
switch position "OFF"
speakers A
L+ = open
L- = 11 K
R+ = open
R- = 11 K
speakers B
L+ = open
L- = 11 K
R+ = open
R- = 11 K

switch position "SpeakersA"
speakers A
L+ = 200 K
L- = 0 (short)
R+ = 200K
R- = 0 (short)
speakers B
L+ = open
L- = 0 (short)
R+ = open
R- = 0 (short)

Switch position "SpeakersB"
speakers A
L+ = open
L- = 0 (short)
R+ = open
R- = 0 (short)
speakers B
L+ = 200 K
L- = 0 (short)
R+ = 200 K
R- = 0 (short)

Speaker position "A + B"
speakers A
L+ = 200 K
L- = 11 K
R+ = 200 K
R- = 11 K
speakers B

L+ = 11 K
L- = 0 (short)
R+ = 11 K
R- = 0 (short)

so, can i deduce from this that yes, indeed, when A + B is selected, the speakers are put in series, thus me not hearing anything from speakers A when in A+B position? and, can i deduce that the switch is fine?

aidan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.