Kenwood KA-3500 and my blooper

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
whew. DONE!
back from toronto, and my son no more the wiser for the experience i had put his amplifier through.
mooly, thank you so very much for inspiring in me the confidence to get this job done. i ended up replacing both drivers (again :) ), and also reflowed the solder at a number of positions on the board. bottom line, it works!
hope to see you again sometime soon.
thanks again,
aidan

UPDATE: so this morning while speaking with my son , who as i mentioned lives in toronto, the subject of a new music c.d. purchase of his came up. casually, i asked how his old receiver was sounding.
"oh, that. i ended up giving it to the goodwill when we went downtown in the afternoon after you left". GAK!
'yeah, i guess it was getting a little on, wasn't it. you could probably get something better and pretty cheap these days, my son'.
i pondered, hardy-esque, lifes little ironies

ok mooly. good link. tyvm.

aidan

UPDATE: so this morning while speaking with my son , who as i mentioned lives in toronto, the subject of a new music c.d. purchase of his came up. casually, i asked how his old receiver was sounding.
"oh, that. i ended up giving it to the goodwill when we went downtown in the afternoon after you left". GAK!
'yeah, i guess it was getting a little on, wasn't it. you could probably get something better and pretty cheap these days, my son'.
i pondered, hardy-esque, lifes little ironies

ok mooly. good link. tyvm.

aidan

I've read most of this thread and so had some investment into it - and then I read this second-to-last post and I literally laughed out loud.

Man, karma can be a bitcyh. I'm still chuckling. That came right out of the blue.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.