John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 5 pages? This is a LONG thread! '-)
I will NOT be told what or what not to believe. Not by SY, JN, or anyone else.
I DO measure, when I can. I also depend on others, who are often better than me at hearing differences, for their independent assessment of products and materials.
I want to thank gpapag for linking a Bybee website here. I have not read it in years, but I can now tell you somewhat more, now that the website says what it says.
First of all, there are at least 2 separate Bybee devices, and they appear to work on somewhat different principles. The original Bybee, the one I am most familiar with, has a coated ceramic tube with a low value (.025-.3 ohm) resistor placed in parallel. This is still sold as the higher power Bybee, and pictures that show how it is constructed are on the internet.
The second type is the so-called SLIPSTREAM (a fitting word if there ever was one) which is composed of a special resistor that has recently been developed, and IF you actually opened one, the 'resistor' would appear to disappear. This is called a quantum resistor, and was developed in Europe, originally, so far as I can tell. It has special properties, one of being able to filter or block some electrons that Jack Bybee tries to eliminate. This makes for a smaller and apparently simpler version of the Bybee. This is the type that SY tested. The test result that I put up was from the first type of device which was the original Bybee device. This is the only device that I have personally evaluated.

It has special properties, one of being able to filter or block some electrons that Jack Bybee tries to eliminate.

So besides basic thermodynamics, these miraculous devices also violate basic quantum physics as well? Amazing. How could the military let this one out of their secret labs? "Developed in Europe" certainly adds a classy patina!

I really have gotten to the point where I'm beginning to doubt that you're a dupe and coming to believe that you actually know that it's a fraud and you feel it necessary for professional or personal reasons to promote it.

I will NOT be told what or what not to believe. Not by SY, JN, or anyone else.
Nobody is telling you what to believe. Believe in santa, the tooth fairy, Roger Rabbit, whatever.

When you come in trying to explain to us how fancy audio widgits work by re-writing the laws of nature, don't expect people to simply kneel at your feet.

The last time I explained "near superconductivity" to one of the worlds foremost (currently active) superconductivity experts, coffee spewed out of somebody's nose. Trust me, it wasn't pretty.

I have not told you what to believe. I have however, told you to read up on things you have no knowledge on. As the lack thereof doesn't appear to be a hindrance to you.

jn

you can believe what you want John, that is not the problem.

block some electrons? isnt it the exchanged charge that carries the signal John? waiting for the electron to traverse the speaker or power cable would take some time. methinks the latency would make it troublesome for military applications.

SY, please do not make your own personal assessment of me or my veracity. (and we used to be friends) '-)
I tell it as I see it (or hear it), nothing more, nothing less.
I generally do not put Bybee devices in my own designs, including the CTC Blowtorch, but I still use them, just about everywhere, in my hi fi system.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Button Pushers --

The Stealth has to have a demonstrably lower RCS than the Gulfstream. The Gulfstream has to be faster and more comfortable than a Cessna 172. They are not sold with a story about how they use, say, quantum tunneling phenomena to make the engines run better (absent demonstrated performance changes).

Just because a fraud isn't fatal doesn't mean that no-one should call it what it is: fraud. This is an open audio forum devoted to design and construction, with no special protection for bogus storytelling to please the gullible. When a fraud is continually praised by one of the fraudster's dupes, it will get criticized. You'll just have to live with that, I'm afraid.

I'm not moderating this thread. Please reread our rules section.

WE Get It ! trust me on this. Call it a fraud and why you think so a time or two or a few times even. And, if JC says something which pushes your button, back away from the key board, at least. Dont need to respond over and over and over and over --- let it go and there will be fewer pages on the button pushing issues. Its been said to death and back.

Thx-RNMarsh

You have. Be done with it. It is a suggestion and on how you are being read here.

Thx-RNMarsh

So, the next time we are accosted with claims of quantum resistors, selective electron exclusion, near superconductivity without supporting evidence. And derided because we do not believe such?

Me thinks you are speaking to the wrong person. I haven't seen the topic brought up by anyone other than JC...always within the context of "you mere mortals know nothing".

jn

Johns posts on the matter are in clear breach of the forum rules, as it seems to look more and more like there is something more than kinship at the heart of the endless promotion and certainly on other forums his name is linked directly with the products and their design … posts made by John that is, and others relating to official promotional material.

I dont think any of us want to keep having this. yes its tired, yes its ugly, but yes unfortunately it seems necessary, while ongoing shilling continues.

as mentioned, its never someone else that brings them up, I have tried just saying, 'not this again', to which the thread received a free recap on the miraculous feats of bybees and the pity of the non-believers.

@JN: re electron error poling, its too mind bending for words

Last edited:
"Developed in Europe"

As usual, my bet is on Switserland.

(for JD eyes only => Quackjes-Slot. Mind the phonetics !)

Attachments

• Quackies Gleuf.jpg
    Quackies Gleuf.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
I have the ability to let things go after I have my say and move on to the next subject or bring another subject up myself.

Not enough communication on subject and too much crap... to put it bluntly. Its become a time waster with little redeaming value.

Yes, SY I dont have to read it. Thx anyway. RNMarsh

I have the ability to let things go after I have my say and move on to the next subject or bring another subject up myself.

Not enough communication on subject and too much crap... to put it bluntly. Its become a time waster with little redeaming value.

Yes, SY I dont have to read it. Thx anyway. RNMarsh

legitimate conversation, ON TOPIC is interrupted by recaps on the bybees.. it happened to me just last week. perhaps Jason can come up with a selective ignore feature that allows us to ignore any post that contains the word, because for sure we dont want to talk about them.

@JN: re electron error poling, its too mind bending for words

Actually, it's very simple.

You send a photo of yourself to the vendor. Your sound system has to be in the background of the photo.

You receive the product, and solder it into the line cord using a special alloy of tin/silver/antimony/bismuth/lead/germanium (or was it geranium?) /titanium/niobium/indium/nickel/gold. It has a eutectic temperature wherever you darn well please, you select it by putting on red shoes and tapping them together 3 times (4 times if you desire celcius instead of farenheight.) You can use barbecue sauce as a flux.

Lay your cell phone on the device, call the 1-888 number, and they will quantum communicate a description of the offending electrons to the device.

If you wish a warranty, pay more...they will put a mustache on you in the photo using a green felt tip pen, drop it in the freezer, and there ya go..

jn

Status
Not open for further replies.