[INDIA] Chassis, knobs, PCB makers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In the meantime, I have been caressing , fondling and fingering them before they leave my custody

Did Uncle George just say April '1'...:D

Hope u r not playing with those 'knobs' to be given to me..!
I want them virgin... :smash: :smash: :p

Tarun,

Sorry, i've been a bit busy. Will e-mail you soon.

Really sorry to ask...
can some one provide me a quick update on

1) the gainclone group buy proposal.
2) and Rahul's amp.

I was away and havn't been following the developments closely...and wunt want to miss out..!

many Thanx
ajju

Ajju

As per discussion last night I have given all the knobs to Sunil and when you guys meet up you can decide what works best for you.

Tarun:

The packets are very well packed so I dont want to open the two small ones-one has two black ones, IIRC, what does the other one contain?

Adios

George

Re: sKnobbish disappointment!!

peterpan73 said:
Its sad:( Anyway we'll wait for another month for you to send. These knobs look like the best I've seen anywhere. Looks like Rahul ,myself and others in this forum would have to spend our time drooling until then.
You really need to move faster, Patrick. :D After all the Ramayana and Mahabharata has been going on for the last month, you post at 11:05 AM yesterday and in that post you're still checking with me what they cost??? :D

Rahul said:
No trouble at all I will be in Mumbai fron 22nd may onwards (summer hols) Tarun gear up I will be a trouble for you. All in fun
Will look forward to meeting you, and will also accompany you to Uncle Harry's workshop, Mr.Subramaniam's PCB making workshop, and L.Road, if you feel up to it in the muggy May weather of Bombay. :) I've been in Bombay since 1984 July, and I still can't stand the humidity. Give me the 45 deg C of crisp dry Bihar heat any day.

The other packet... plastic bushes

gjo said:
The packets are very well packed so I dont want to open the two small ones-one has two black ones, IIRC, what does the other one contain?
The other one contains important plastic bushes, to allow a knob with a 6mm dia hole to sit on a typical Indian pot with a 4mm flatted shaft. If you have access to only these 4mm shaft pots, the bushes will be a God-send. Of course, if you lose those bushes, I can always get them later from Uncle Harry... he bundles them free with his knobs.

Re: Uncle Harry's knobs

tcpip said:
We heard of this gentleman, Mr.Behari Valecha...I visited the office cum factory of Harry Electronics in the second floor of Unique Industrial Estate
Tarun

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U came to my office and did not visit me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next time let me know. I am in M, W, F. 10am-5pm. 5662 4444. Harry knows me well. Let him know u know Navin at Elektromag. BTW my cell is 98 200 62846 in case you need to SMS me or call me outside the office. while i am in the office the cell is on my desk an i am never at my desk so the land line is a better bet.

The other one contains important plastic bushes, to allow a knob with a 6mm dia hole to sit on a typical Indian pot with a 4mm flatted shaft. If you have access to only these 4mm shaft pots, the bushes will be a God-send. Of course, if you lose those bushes, I can always get them later from Uncle Harry... he bundles them free with his knobs.

Ok Tarun

I saw the earlier email that you sent and took 6 bushes out from the packet and have kept them here for the local guys to pick up. So 6 silver knobs, two black ones and a set of plastic bushes is what I, carrying with me.

Let me sign off from this thread for a few weeks, will be back in the third week of April. Sunil tells me that some of you folks are quite busy on an amp project on another thread. Good luck in your efforts!

Ciao

Re: Re: Uncle Harry's knobs

navin said:
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U came to my office and did not visit me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next time let me know. I am in M, W, F. 10am-5pm. 5662 4444. Harry knows me well. Let him know u know Navin at Elektromag.
Omigawd!!I even remember seeing the Electromag board...

Sigh.... :ashamed:

But I'll visit that place again. Uncle Harry is nowhere near organised enough for me to leave things totally to him. Actually a couple of my diy friends have visited him more often, and Uncle Harry has communicated with me more on email. But I'll come over and lay claims to your time next time I'm anywhere near Siddhi Vinayak.

Variac said:
I thought you were bringing 8 silver knobs: 6 for Uvodee, one for me and one for Peter Daniel - pleeese?
I'm cutting down on others to whom I'd committed knobs, and trying to secure a few extra. By "a few" I mean something like half a dozen, all told. I'll try to send a couple to you...

Worst case, if I can't find another friend to carry these knobs to the US in the near future, will you be willing to bear shipping? That'll be about eight to ten USD.

I'm just trying to make the best of a very tight situation, so please bear with me.... :(

SF. ok I might have a friend coming from SJC soon. will mail him and see when he is expected. i guess i can arm twist him to carry it.

will Buzz harry. buzz me tom. on my mobile 'round 10am just as a wake up call.

M,W,F = Mon, Wed, Fri. Elektromag.

Tue and Thu I work in Charkop, Kandivili (W). Novitaz.

I used to work sat - my office still does. but am now contemplating shifting to a 5 day week (if they will let me) to save on travel time. bombay traffic is murder.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.