Hypex DSP module(s)

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
ds23... One more.... I would like to see all bi-quads for one channel graphically and pointing at one trace identifying the bi-quad or vice-versa. Maybe marking one i the list should make one stand out bu making it a bit thicker.

Extra bonus?? Should't it be possible to optimize resources and performance by merging all bi-quads given to the best use i.e. least number and best types of BQs. Seem like a mathematical challenge (beyond me).

//

Last edited:

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
And yet an other work flow oriented request....

2 distinct work modes: Batch or Real-Time.

Batch: Everything (everything!!!) is set at order (today some do some don't)
RT: Everything takes effect immediatly as it is changed in GUI.

Possibly RT is not doable...? And if not I still vote to make the GUI consistent wrt. what happens if one change something in it... i.e. noting until upload.

//

ds23... One more.... I would like to see all bi-quads for one channel graphically and pointing at one trace identifying the bi-quad or vice-versa. Maybe marking one i the list should make one stand out bu making it a bit thicker.

//

Agree, it would make the SW easier to operate.
I also find it too cumbersome to delete a biquad and too easy to incidentaly change frequency setting within a biquad when selecting a biquad with the mouse button.
The tabulator order within a biquad needs a clean up.

An annoying and sometimes hazardous bug is the lack of reinitializing previous mute setting for each output after a filter download. The indicators in the GUI may show a muted channel but in reality it is unmuted. To mute the channel again I first have to unmute and then mute again. Maybe Hypex is happy to refund expensive damaged drivers :rolleyes:

It would be nice if someone could maintain a list of proposals for improvements and bug fixes.

Question... Where can I find the invert channel function (phase shift)?

Does anyone have the issue where Windows suddenly doesn't recognize the device anymore and calls it an unkown device?

I see this with both my DLCPs on two different computers. Normally it helps to either switch the USB pin or move it to another USB connector on the computer and have it reinstalled, but today it seems I can't get it connected again. At least so far.

Edit: Got it connected again after turning the power off and on. The software frooze when I uploaded a new filter and after that I wasn't able to connect it. Still a little buggy with the latest firmware.

Last edited:
You need a external USB audio card with mic preamp and 48v power.

UMC22 | Audio Interfaces | Computer Audio | Behringer | Categories | MUSIC Group

The output of the audio card must be connected to the analog input of the DLCP. The usb audio of the DLCP is not used for measurements.
Just getting aboard here, and studying up before making any investments... I'm thinking 3-way T-lines with DLCP for active crossover and speaker correction (leaving room EQ out of it). UcDs for amplificationb -probably 2x180HxR for tweeter and mid, and a 400HxR for the woofer.

Swapping out the preamp, and using the DLCP for DAC, eq and X-over, would probably pay most of the DLCP bill.

Would the Dayton UMM-6 fit the measurement needs? This is an USB mic with an individual calibration file.

Johan-Kr

Hi,
I've followed this thread for a while, as a non-DLCP owner but as an Ncore owner, but got lost somewhere along the way...
Was there a new piece of Hypex DSP hardware we were expecting at some point (or am I wrong)? What is the current status of that?
On another note, how does the DAC in the DLCP compare to other standalone offerings?
Appreciate if someone more expert could summarise the current situation....
Thanks...

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Just had a DLCP incident where the DSP upload seem to have failed but still there was some very strange output which seemed to have some correlation to the input. Loud and scary - this time no damage....

Is there any sanity check after upload of new DSP code. Checksum? Internal round trip test? Please introduce this for the sake of your customers dear hardware.

//

Hi,
I've followed this thread for a while, as a non-DLCP owner but as an Ncore owner, but got lost somewhere along the way...
Was there a new piece of Hypex DSP hardware we were expecting at some point (or am I wrong)? What is the current status of that?
On another note, how does the DAC in the DLCP compare to other standalone offerings?
Thanks...
Somebody (orangeart) was talking about a new OEM only product, to be interfaced with some OEM only amps. Its on page 93 in this thread. Nothing verifiable has surfaced afterwards, as far as I could tell - just rumours.

There was also some talk about FIR filters, but I haven't noticed anything more solid about that either, so at the moment, I guess IIR is the name of the game.

From other forums, I gather the opinion is that DLCP is the best sounding of the pure hardware DIY solutions. DEQX is a finished product, has FIR filters, but is way more expensive. Likewise, Groundsound is way more expensive than DLCP (but its nice). At the moment, it looks like the call "here, take my money" will go to Hypex :p

Johan-Kr

Just had a DLCP incident where the DSP upload seem to have failed but still there was some very strange output which seemed to have some correlation to the input. Loud and scary - this time no damage....

Is there any sanity check after upload of new DSP code. Checksum? Internal round trip test? Please introduce this for the sake of your customers dear hardware.

//
For the safety of my wallet, I'd think seriously about a protective capacitor on the tweeter, at least. It won't be a totally foolproof insurance - if you get a UcD180 going full tilt with white or pink noise into the tweeter, a cap won't really help, but it should suffice for the occacional full range signal og dc going out...

Johan-Kr

Hi,
Thanks...

That is correct, it is OEM only and has been delayed a bit. There are some new amps which are also OEM only that will trickle out over the coming months and the ISIS DSP product will follow.

It's not rumour, Hypex have anoumced this stuff at shows in the past and OEMs have been given some basic info.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: the DLCP as a DAC. The SQ feeding it digital data via toslink is quite far from what comes out using the analog input. The reason for this might be clock handling/sample rate conversion. I used the exact same toslink receiver as in my DAC. Or maybe it is a level (volume) control issue?

This was my experience.

//

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
For the safety of my wallet, I'd think seriously about a protective capacitor on the tweeter, at least. It won't be a totally foolproof insurance - if you get a UcD180 going full tilt with white or pink noise into the tweeter, a cap won't really help, but it should suffice for the occacional full range signal og dc going out...

Johan-Kr

Luckily I roll mu own ribbons :) but no injury this time. I feel it is important to report these incidents sos that the manufacturer know and can react on it. A cap won't protect for all happenings....

//