Hypex DSP module(s)

It's not there anymore. You don't need it anyway because if you use the delay in the correct manner.

Perhaps then you could tell me how to use the delay in the correct manner?
Actually I think it's a big mistake to omit this feature, making the Product less versatile and harder to work With.
I have no idea how to correct this with delay, the lx-studio manual gives settings both for delay and polarity.
I suppose now Ill have to rewire my speakers.

Delay affects phase, but as I understand, this is no way to invert phase in a multiway-system as you mess up your alignment between your drivers
Especially when using (horn)drivers with acoustic centre spaced far apart for practical reasons, proper time alignment with the delay tool is essential.
The invert feature is a necessary tool for all of us toying with more complicated systems, and loosing it would make the new HFD a degradation from the old one.
I use it for checking crossovers, correct polarity and so on. Doing this physically with the wiring is a huge step back!

Delay affects phase, but as I understand, this is no way to invert phase in a multiway-system as you mess up your alignment between your drivers
Especially when using (horn)drivers with acoustic centre spaced far apart for practical reasons, proper time alignment with the delay tool is essential.
The invert feature is a necessary tool for all of us toying with more complicated systems, and loosing it would make the new HFD a degradation from the old one.
I use it for checking crossovers, correct polarity and so on. Doing this physically with the wiring is a huge step back!

Don't worry it will be back. But by adjusting the delay you are also change the phase. You can see this in the sum. The correct amount of delay delivers maximum output at the x-over point and should be the displacement of your drivers if you use LR x-overs.

As a DIY platform we should not expect everyone to use LR alignments.

Me? I'll be using them, but as a tool it should include this functionality.

Thanks for the work so far.

Alan

It was overlooked by me in the pre-beta because I never use it, so blame me!:D:D

But the intention with the new HFD was to make a more uncluttered interface without a lot of buttons. Think the phase reverse was a victim of this.

I really appreciate how the Hypex team actually listen to us.

@ds23man:
I see you use ARTA for measuring.
Can you please give a description how you save and import ARTA measurements into HFD?
I have done it with REW, but have not figured it out with ARTA

Another request:
I would love to see target curves in HFD as in ARTA. It is really useful when working on crossovers.

I do the measurements directly in HFD, no need for Arta or a other program. I use Arta for checking and other types of measurements like decayplots, distortion and other.

Please all, do not try to import responces made with other programs.

The measurement function is working perfectly and gives reliable results with the built in simulation.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have one request please.

Introduce an "Cntrl Z" (Undo) command which resets the DLCP to before last DLCP update (Load DSP).

My use for this would be when at the end of a design one start to do very small changes by ear. This process is now very hard to do.

Pretty please?

//

PS It should probably be called "Revert DLCP". DS

Last edited:
OK, just had a troubling event.

My Hypex psu was returned RMA as it was going into shutdown mode when connected to the DLCP. In the meantime I used a Lambda bipolar regulated supply, worked fine, both the supply and the DLCP.

I received the supply today and went to put it in, verified it was operating and then turned it off and connected it to the DLCP. Powered on and worked fine.

Started to set up the system, so I could start calibration with the HFD. I have to move/extend a lot of cables as the speakers are 35ft away, its a large room. All went well, got the system wired up and started checking the audio feed and cabling to make sure I was checking what I thought I was, ie R L Hi Lo, etc. Tones coming out of speakers, OK.

Then, I realized I had left a cable plugged into J16, Aux power connector, that wasn't being used, nothing on the far end. Without turning off the unit, I pulled it off the header straight up. All the lights on the DLCP went out. I ran and hit the breaker for the amps so I didn't loose any drivers with random turn on thumps or anything.

Turned ac off to the DLCP and reseated cables, turned power back on, Red LEDs light up, but no Green D15 LED. Swapped out for Lambda supply I had been using, same.

It is my understanding that D15 is a good tell if the psu is working correctly on the DLCP.

No audio, HFD seems to recognize the DLCP.

Anyone? Anything?

Alan