Hypex DSP module(s)

I am keen to try a DLCP when the new software is finalised.
I do note quite a few comments about the lack of FIR filters.
(I have read the paper by Bruno mentioned in an earlier post)
I am not an expert and new to DLCP but all of my reading so far indicates the necessity of being able to adjust the phase of at least the tweeter signal, referenced to the other driver signals.
I understand that this is what a FIR filter can be used for.
(please correct me if I am wrong)
If this is the case why have Hypex not include at least 1 Fir Filter ?

Dear all,

The software language and compiler we've used for the DLCP firmware has introduced some bugs, which cannot be solved.
Therefore we had to rewrite the firmware in a new language from the ground up. This firmware is just finished, we're testing it and send it to some customers for feedback.
We'll keep you informed.

Besides this firmware upgrade, we are working on a completely new version of HFD (Hypex Filter Design) which will be compatible with both Windows and Mac OS X. More info coming soon.

Best Regards,

The Hypex Crew.

Are there any news about the new HFD?
From when there is a beta version?

I think you are asking a question that from reading earlier posts no one seems to want to respond to.
In my own deliberation as to whether to proceed with my Active LS project I questioned my having spent a fair sum of money on a good DAC only having to re process into digital and then back again, with an ADC and a subsequent DAC.
I could of course feed digital into the DLCP and sell my DAC but that does not suit the physical layout of my system
I have not seen a tech spec for the performance of the DLCP DAC so wonder how it compares with my Benchmark .
Re the performance of the ADC if one feeds an analoge signal into the DLCP I cannot comment.
I did go to the Linn Factory a few weeks ago to hear their new active system. It worked well as one would expect from Linn, but they did have one of their LP12 record decks attached as an analogue input to their system and I must admit being disappointed at its performance. To my ears gone was the super smooth analogue sound the deck is famous for.

I note that some companies are offering a board that converts PCM into PWM and the PWM signal is fed into a Class D output stage.

Perhaps others may know if this looks like a future possibility for Hi Fi audio.
Perhaps Hypex have been there already and its a non starter ?-- but then again they could be working on it.

I note that some companies are offering a board that converts PCM into PWM and the PWM signal is fed into a Class D output stage.

Perhaps others may know if this looks like a future possibility for Hi Fi audio.
Perhaps Hypex have been there already and its a non starter ?-- but then again they could be working on it.

Bruno has talked about it a few times some way back in the NCore thread and maybe this one too, if I remember correctly he at the time found it possible to do a power class D DAC but that a normal DAC with a class D amplifier worked better.

And on the analogue input, it should work without problems but if you can use digital input then it will be better. If your gain structure is OK and your main DAC is alright then there should not be a noticable difference though.

I have figured out how to import frequency measurements from REW into Filter Designer, but it seems like I have to do a full sweep from 20hz to 20000hz.
It is not tempting to do this with a compression driver for obvious reasons.
Does anybody know a workaround for importing a measurment from say 200hz to 20000hz?

@superlian: You are welcome to visit and listen to Vinyl through DLCP and a comparison between digital format and Vinyl format. In my opinion, the distinct sound of vinyl is definately retained in the AD/DA conversion

Yes for the AS2-100d, no for the PSC2 series.
OK I see its mentioned in the supported applications. The AS2.100 apparently can process a stereosignal, the PSC2 not? It's a pitty, the power of the PSC2 of course is very attractive for this purpose.

Another question: does these models support usb audio in the same format like a normal DAC? In that case an android 5 device can be used to deliver usb audio (with an USB OTG cable)?