Hypex DSP module(s)

My DLCP is stuck in Bootloader Mode. Not sure why that happened, I can't remember touching anything besides the volume control on the remote. I just changed from digital out from a Lynx AES sound card to a Xmos USB to SPDIF converter, but it would be weird if that had anything to do with it.

I tried updating to the new firmware. The update went fine but the unit didn't restart. I turned off and on the power. However, it's still frozen in Bootloader Mode.

Does anyone have a solution?

I have not tried this myself, but this is the procedure:

To update the DLCP’s, with the fail-safe bootloader functionality;

Remove all power, USB cable, and turn off connected amplifiers

Get latest version of the DLCP firmware (see our website)

Please short pin4-5 of J6(program header) on the DLCP. You could use one of the jumpers, placed on J5/J8. (please take a look at the datasheet for pin numbering)

Apply power

Please wait a few seconds

To show it entered the bootloader mode, the DLCP will toggle the green led a few times.

After this, it will continuously toggle this led.

Please connect your USB cable now.

Remove the jumper on J6

Start Hypex Filter Design, it should prompt a message ‘Bootloader mode ‘ and goto download- Firmware update

Please select the firmware version and wait for it to finish.

I take it you mean this one
Hypex Filter Design V3.02 beta
?

I see others got an error when it tries to copy to the program folders with win7 64 (ie install), I also got an error, but see the .exe will run when directly accessed. Any known problems here?

Is there a corrected installer or as it says "beta"? (translates as user beware :) )

I don't have the dlcp yet, it is on its way, just trying to get my ducks in order.

Alan

Last edited:
I'm hoping this will be a better solution:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...-integrated-preamp-crossover-dac-project.html

I'm not directly dissatisfied with DLCP. Mine is stable and the sound quality is quite close being transparent. But the software need a lot of improvement, there's no peak meter on in and out outputs , no FIR filters and it seems it will never see the daylight either and when using two boards there are a lot of issues based on other experiences. I haven't connected two boards myself yet, but plan to do so.

I take it you mean this one
Hypex Filter Design V3.02 beta
?

I see others got an error when it tries to copy to the program folders with win7 64 (ie install), I also got an error, but see the .exe will run when directly accessed. Any known problems here?

Is there a corrected installer or as it says "beta"? (translates as user beware :) )

I don't have the dlcp yet, it is on its way, just trying to get my ducks in order.

Alan

We're working on a full new softeware package! We're close to have a first internal BETA version. After this is stable we can go for a customer BETA version.

Please do have some patience...:rolleyes: