Hypex DSP module(s)

The Dlcp is supplied with software which has a measurement function incorperated.

You will need an external usb soundcard with asio drivers and a mic. A usb mic will not work!

Many thanks.
I cant find any reference to software supplied with the DLCP that relates to measurement function in the User Manual I downloaded from Hypex.
Am I thick and missing something ?
Can some one give me info as to where this is ?

I mentioned in an earlier post my concern that the Hypex user manual went straight into techspeak without a clear overview of the whole concept e.g like measurement requirements, software and hardware.

Good.
I think Hypex need to revisit their manual quickly.

I am not purchasing a DLCP untill I have a complete picture - that also means I am not purchasing 4 additional UcD's and appropriate SMPS.
In my opinion DLCP could be a key product that leads to many amp sales, it should be documented to attract customers who like me are keen on DIY audio electronics but not filter designers. Lead us into the product please.

Im a Hypex fan, I and I'm sure others would great appreciate any help you can give re a short manual

There are several things that are shameful about the DLCP. The firmware I was given by Hypex doesn't have the measurement software ready. It's not 100% stable, I experience different bugs. The software isn't very clever built up and most beginners don't understand it. The manual and helpfile is a joke. And there doesn't seem to happen anything with the unit and software, there is no progress. I doubt we will see FIR filters.
Yes, I'm little fed up....

Still, I ordered another DLCP recently. Not because I think it's great but because I don't see any other options when you want one unit for everything.

I have grown very fond of my dlcp despite several software problems. Customer support have been excellent, even they admit that the firmware is quite unstable.
Regarding the filter designer, i find it very easy to use, and just enough options for eqalizing a well designed speaker system
If I had more options, it would only ve confusing IMHO
But foremost the quality of sound and convinience of a one-box solution is unbeatable at the price

Dear all,

The software language and compiler we've used for the DLCP firmware has introduced some bugs, which cannot be solved.
Therefore we had to rewrite the firmware in a new language from the ground up. This firmware is just finished, we're testing it and send it to some customers for feedback.
We'll keep you informed.

Besides this firmware upgrade, we are working on a completely new version of HFD (Hypex Filter Design) which will be compatible with both Windows and Mac OS X. More info coming soon.

Best Regards,

The Hypex Crew.

The software language and compiler we've used for the DLCP firmware has introduced some bugs, which cannot be solved.

Yikes! Been there, done that, ripped the T-shirt - not fun.

Therefore we had to rewrite the firmware in a new language from the ground up.
Is it a proprietary secret, or can you divulge what language you are using?

Besides this firmware upgrade, we are working on a completely new version of HFD (Hypex Filter Design) which will be compatible with both Windows and Mac OS X.
Any chance of a Linux version? Should be trivial if you already cover Win and OSX.

Dear all,

Therefore we had to rewrite the firmware in a new language from the ground up. This firmware is just finished, we're testing it and send it to some customers for feedback.
We'll keep you informed.

Besides this firmware upgrade, we are working on a completely new version of HFD (Hypex Filter Design) which will be compatible with both Windows and Mac OS X. More info coming soon.

Best Regards,

The Hypex Crew.

Including FIR support?