Hypex DSP module(s)

The DSP dedicated power supply is coming this week!
Awesome. Been waiting for it and ready to buy another DLCP board for more channels.

I haven't mentioned it here but I did a comparison between DLCP and Lynx Two-B soundcard a little a while ago. They sound very very similar, at least on my passive Abbey speakers. There's a small difference but hard to put into words. I would say though that the DLCP makes the music sound a bit softer or non fatiguing. There were times I wondererd if the Lynx was a tad more true to the recording with more neutral vocal presentation. I think measurements would be needed to say which is the most transparent one and either way the difference is tiny. However, I overall preferred the DLCP in that specific setup, mainly because it was more pleasant to listen to.

Has anyone heard anything new from Hypex regarding FIR filters?

I'm contemplating building a second DLCP for another setup but the lack of FIR makes me question it. I would like to experiment with linear phase filters and one can get FIR quite easy with a soundcard and PC software today.

Considering how long it took for the DLCP to arrive if they are it is probably a long time in the future. If I were you I'd just buy a OpenDRC-DI of separate box or if you want to build the box yourself a MiniSHARC with DIGI-FP and put it in front of the DLCP(s). That is as long as you only have 2 source channels as then 2 channels of FIR is enough.

For me too =)

One thing I started wondering about: Does anyone know how the DLCP handles clipping in the DSP?

Can I blissfully ignore all clipping internally and just care about the end result or I make sure I apply negative gain EQ biquads before I apply the positive gain ones? => Should I first linearize the driver response, massively boost the low end for 1-2 octaves and afterwards apply the LR4 or the other way around?