Hypex DSP module(s)

At last my other TODO-list is done so I got to finish the DLCP. And I found some old computer connectors that fit into the DLCP connectors so I didn't have to fiddle with soldering pins there which is nice.

I just hope I have connected everything correctly :D

The setup is first MiniDSP MiniSHARC where I will apply linear phase correction with the FIR. Then it is sent to the DLCP by AES/EBU. The DLCP will handle the crossover of my mids and tweeters, and the signals are sent to each Neutrik ethercon connector. The subs and woofers are handled by a PSC2.400d on each side that uses the AES/EBU link from the DLCP and split into each ethercon connector too.

The softstarts aren't used for actual softstarting but rather used as AC relays, the top right board is a signal sensing circuit such that the amps turn on when I play audio, and turn of after say 20 minutes of no audio. My mids and tweeters are class A amps burning at ~ 75 watts per side and the PSC2.400d get quite hot when idle so turning them off when not using them is nice.

Attachments

• DLCP.jpg
    DLCP.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 490
The DLCP SMPS has been installed. Conisderably smaller then SMPS600 as can be seen.
But do they sound the same? :scratch2:

Only you can tell. But I don't see why they would have very different noise performance, and the Hypex people seem pretty competent at dealing with power supply noise. Remember that unlike an amp, the DLCP is mostly a digital system, so most of the noise is coming from the DSP processor itself.

I don't expect any differences. Perhaps I will compare at a point.

But now my DLCP has frozen.... It started with the unit not reacting to the volume control. That has happened before. The volume on the display changes but not the sound. I turned the DLCP off and on with the standby and it was stuck at "Waiting for DLCP". Doesn't help to turn off and on the power either. It's simply frozen with this note in the display.

Of course, my bad. I believe they are re-writing both firmware and the filter designer software.

Hopefully they will add support for usb mic's.

For some reason the MiniDSP UMIC mic isn't compatible (running windows for the software) Perhaps I could record the response and import it into the software, would be nice if the filter designer software did it all from start to finish...