• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

High Performance WM8741 Upsampling DAC New Version - Group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry for crossposting...

I got mine working sort of but only if I keep my finger on IC8 pin5 and the RST/UL pin which is for connecting the small boards... For now I will only use it for USB so I need to find what values theese pins should be set to for it to work (without the finger or the small boards :) )

Brgds

OK, 10k between 3V and RST made it. I dont understand how it is supposed to work as is with the WM8804 board since there is nothing on pin 4 of J2 (RST)...

Well it sounds quite good on a first impression. I will now implement the Aurdino so I can control the filters thru SW.

Brgds

Just one point about the shorts, In 31 years of working for major electronics companies I've seen plenty of them. Just this past month an associate got a lot of prototype boards in that had shorts. These were from a reputable board house. Prototypes normally don't go through the same board level checks that production boards go through.

In the 80s when I worked for Texas Instruments, we used to use a 5V 20A supply to find shorts. It would usually clear them with no problems. This was in multilayer boards where the shorts were sometimes internal.

I always inspect boards with a 7X loupe or stereo microscope before assembling anything.

I wonder what version of the Aurdino environment this is tested on? Aurdino 1.0 just creates a long log file of errors trying to verify/compile...

Yes, I imported the lib LCDi2cW. Yes, I added the missing "/*" on line 1.

Anyone who succeeded?

Brgds

Last edited:
I have uploaded on to the net. You can download it from here
LCDi2cW.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Heartwinter, what version of the Aurdino environment did you use to succesfully compile the code?

Last errors:

---
In file included from Soundciti_dac.cpp:45:
D:\projects\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal/LCDi2cW.h:24: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void LCDi2cW::write(uint8_t)'
D:\projects\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:48: error: overriding 'virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)'
Soundciti_dac.cpp: In function 'void loop()':
Soundciti_dac:647: error: 'writereg' was not declared in this scope
---

This is too deep for me but of course has an obvious solution ;-)

Brgds

Last edited:
Sorry heartwinter for the strong words and frustration I went thru during the build. The PCB's are quite bad don't you think? But anyway when sorted out there is functional code for Arduino 1.0 and parallel LCD in the build thread which I glued together from glt's work on hifiduino.wordpress.com. Since I don't posses a serial one someone else have to fill in the right code for it - preferably with a choice at the beginning chosing which connection to use.

For my part I will cannabilize one of my audio-widget dacs to use it instead of the 2707 as usb input. I feel quite sad about this since it sounds very, very good. See if I can find the least damageble way of doing it.

I have also signed up for Ians stuff which I plan to use as the interface for my new shigaclone as a starter. Ideas of diy SACD/DVDA players are most welcome.

There seems still be issues but we will sort them all out and I hope you will be with us in the process.

Brgds

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.