High Pay, No Work, All Glory

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have no doubt I could contribute a couple of new and good ideas,
Lineup again. That is the worst load of cra# that I read on this forum so far. Moderators, that guy needs to be banned. Badly!!
The website of his, is only a few snips from some old brochures.
All his "clever" talk is quotes from some odd books, without any relation to subjects on hand. Do wake up!
Starting to bug Mr. Pass, this is it for me.

Steen.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
Thanks for the support, Tony. I do know for sure that we are not the only ones;) I think he is a dobbelganger, having been registered under some other user name before and being banned. Someone said he could dig his own grave, but I cant wait for that!

Steen.

yup;
it's me at least......."not only ones"........

lineup is just a jota above our friend mastertech;
with more punctuation , but almost same in manners .
it's pompous,and you can see this from his reactions when someone disagree with him.

so -shall we go together in sin bin for few days for this,or..........we can make noise :devilr:

everything sayed for doppelganger is just old,known story......even if I can't remember which nick ......

edit:
I wasn't annoyed so much with his last post in this thread ,but if I remember correctly - it was same manner in his previous and this incarnation.....periods of unnecessary and stranglin' remarks regarding nationality etc ,amongst other things..........mebbe I'm too touchy,but I have one civil war over my head just because of this same s**t

Joined 2003
Paid Member
/Mod head on
We don't ban on request.
/Mod head off

People differ, be thankful for that. If you don't like someone, don't read him/her. The ignore button still works. Think about what makes this forum a quite unique place in many aspects.

Also, think twice before pushing the 'Submit Reply' button.
Would you like to be addressed this way?

/Hugo

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Netlist said:
/Mod head on
We don't ban on request.
/Mod head off

People differ, be thankful for that. If you don't like someone, don't read him/her. The ignore button still works. Think about what makes this forum a quite unique place in many aspects.

/Hugo

maybe we just lurched ........certainly we don't need and most certainly we don't want any sort of lynch ;
but- look at this reactions just as reactions.........

annoyance is tricky stuff for everything,especially for mods:bigeyes:

I have two comments:
--I once said of a member that he served the function of Court Jester. But then followed with the question: Does DIY really need a Court Jester?
--There are certain types of people who thrive on what they view as persecution. They glory in it. History is full of them, usually religious fanatics. The more you hammer them, the more they think they're right. The intended message may be something to the effect of "you're annoying, go away" but their belief system has taught them to interpret that as "I am a heathen in need of enlightenment, keep it up." This disconnect between objective reality and their perception of reality has lead to some of the more grotesque chapters in human history. They are so convinced that they need to bring enlightenment to the masses that they will persist against all odds, rather than diddle themselves in the corner and leave everyone else alone. It's a pity, but no one ever said that folks were rational.

Grey

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
GRollins said:
I have two comments:
--I once said of a member that he served the function of Court Jester. But then followed with the question: Does DIY really need a Court Jester?

Grey

every *******' place benefit from Court Jester ;

but real one,most of the time wiser than King himself

on real Court ,lineup will be shorted for head,long time ago;

me too,but that's another issue :devilr:

"I am a heathen in need of enlightenment, keep it up."

Strong words.

Fred could get under our skin, no doubt. But he sure was a lot smarter in the electronics field than myself. If I could sidestep his ego--sometimes I didn't do this so well--I gleaned quite a bit of knowledge. To be frank, I find myself missing him. Sorry if that remark offends...

It's a big world and we're all on different levels and paths. What I wouldn't give to have the raw talent in electronics that many of you posses. Still, that being said, I'd hate to think that I'm not welcome here because I'm not on the "big-boy's" paths.

John:)

I'ld like to say something but, after all that's been said in this thread:confused: :confused: :confused:
N.P. has given as much as anyone could have possibly, to this forum. He started this thread to give someone an opportunity of a lifetime and further their life's dream working for him. It was obviously the ones who did not want to, could not or would not take him up on his offer, that brought this thread to where it is. I would only hope that he is not so offended that he would not give some of us another chance the next time a position is open.
I guess I can look at it this way too:D At least Dickman and SE and Hanson and Curl aren't here arguing too:whazzat:
We all know how to behave better:bigeyes: Let's try:D :D :D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
carpenter said:

"I am a heathen in need of enlightenment, keep it up."

Strong words.

Fred could get under our skin, no doubt. But he sure was a lot smarter in the electronics field than myself. If I could sidestep his ego--sometimes I didn't do this so well--I gleaned quite a bit of knowledge. To be frank, I find myself missing him. Sorry if that remark offends...

It's a big world and we're all on different levels and paths. What I wouldn't give to have the raw talent in electronics that many of you posses. Still, that being said, I'd hate to think that I'm not welcome here because I'm not on the "big-boy's" paths.

please clarify whom you quote.......

regarding :

I think that you posses few conditio sine qua non before electronic knowledge .......honesty and good willingness......one of consequences of these virtues is impossibility (ok-most of the time) to be in danger to preach anyone.......

besides....look at numbers (rough) .......at least 88% members here are just students (some lazy ,some untalented ) and just several members are masters

hehe......seems that you and I are together in summer camp ;)

Hi Choky, I'm not sure how you attach a quote and have it say who the original owner is. I just select the text and place it in the quote box. I thought the forum software did the rest.

How I wish I could have gone to summer camp. It looks like so much fun in the movies.

Having nearly died several month back has somehow allowed me to appreciate everyone and everything in life--even the nasty medications that keeps me alive. Sorry for preaching.

This forum has been a godsend for my spirits. It gives me something to look forward to every day. I guess this is why I feel anxious when I see it unravel even a little bit.

Lineup and High Pay, No Work, All Glory

Nelson Pass said:
How right you are. :cool:

steenoe said:

Lineup again. That is the worst load of cra# that I read on this forum so far. Moderators, that guy needs to be banned. Badly!!
The website of his, is only a few snips from some old brochures.
All his "clever" talk is quotes from some odd books, without any relation to subjects on hand. Do wake up!
Starting to bug Mr. Pass, this is it for me.

Steen.
apassgear said:
I second Steen on this matter.

I have read a lot of crap from this guy in all threads he post.

:whazzat: :whazzat: :whazzat:
steenoe said:
Thanks for the support, Tony. I do know for sure that we are not the only ones;) I think he is a dobbelganger, having been registered under some other user name before and being banned. Someone said he could dig his own grave, but I cant wait for that!

Steen.
Netlist said:
/Mod head on
We don't ban on request.
/Mod head off

/Hugo
carpenter said:
:( I'm a little surprised at these reactions :( Lineup has always been a gentleman towards me. I had no idea of the animosity.

===============================================

Hey.
Lineup here.

:cool: It is always good to know who are
- your friend
- your enemy
good people and who are bad people
.. I think you agree.
Not knowing makes your chances to survive or take action less :cool:

The Lineup open letter to Nelson Pass

When I posted this post in this Nelson Pass topic
I really tried to
1.) be honest and speak from my heart
2.) and I hoped that The One and Only should read it,
and he would understand my message
- as we both belong to same generation.

:) And he did :)

Originally posted by Nelson Pass

Now, whatever anybody else have posted - good or bad,
It does not matter too much to me.
It is just a bunch of words
sometimes words that shouldn't even have been posted.

I would say much of it qualify for Texas.
If I compare with the contains of the stuff that ends up in Texas.

As one member (head off) Netlist put it:

Originally posted by Netlist

/Hugo

I hoped people would read my post, especially the topic starter.
I could not think I would get so many reactions and replies.
some of them are not quoted here,
because I do not think they holds to the quality to be anything but IGNORED,
Sorry, no offense to those who used their Brains and Time to write them.

My regards to:
:up: Nelson Pass - more than a gentle man
:up: Carpenter - calls Lineup a gentle man
:up: Hugo - I know we can be friends

I do not often name names, when in NEGATIVE.
Instead I would try to be Moralist in general.
Because there are some in lack of MORAL.
I would Speak in general about Human behavior etc.

But this does not mean I haven't noted some names.
Because do no mistake:
Lineup is clever enough to 'keep his little eye open'.

There is a Clear distinktion between:

1. Being smart, clever, inteligent and have the greatest knowledge in Audio circuits

2. Being wise = be a good human being

I have found many cases where the most clever ones
have behaved in the most foolish and un-wise manner.
Other cases where the newbies and normal intelligent
was showing me what wisdom is.

==============================================

;) finally I rip out a line from my post

The true GLORY is
when you are happy with your self and your deeds

... and I am not thinking too bad of lineup
... in my opinion, he is a good man, trying to do his best

Nelson Pass said:

If you are not happy with your self
you better do something about it
- IT CAN BE DONE

lineup
Lineup Human Lab
;)

Hi John & everyone,

A post out of the ordinary be it vain or overlty clever will often get a reaction, even a perception of disrespect.

I think depending on your mood its very easy to react un-naturally to a post. Walk away and have a coffee.

My accounting teacher at high school who was an Arab told me once to always turn your tongue seven times before you speak.

That was in response to my first and only attempt at making a joke at him about his cultural indifference and pronunciation of a lawn mower (mauwour!). He was a very clever, smart and wise..I was about 15 at the time, cheeky and well you know......

He commanded respect and I think most if not all of us respect and love The Master.

I don't think you could ever wish for a better person to work for.

Ian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.