hello, how about this booster for amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ginoo ko, i built one of these 20years ago... atay buhi pa diay ni nga circuit.. if only we have the parts in PH (esp ferrite core) to invert 12v to higher voltage.... tsk tsk tsk

lol,,, I was looking forward to build this booster here in the US. I could not find the in/out transformers. i guess, i have to order the parts from Advance Electronics in Cebu. naa pa ba kaha??

Hi I'm from CEBU!! (Minglanilla) and a fan of ZERO DISTORTION Boss Albert.. and their pambato "THE GREAT" 1000watts booster last time I checked now I think 800watts :D the 1980's culture is still alive now in 2012 every saturday night! at north reclamation :D

hahaha,, we were one of the pioneers "gubat sounds" from Rodriguez, Beed Gin (that's my Tamaraw) Yellow Car, White Rock, Lawis, Green Car, Norvette, EmMilan... who know.... I just bought a KP500 off ebay for $150. I wanted to make a booster but can't find any inout/output transformers here in California. I guess, it's gonna be a KP500 with Orion Power Amp.

hi to all my friend there hope this thread is still alive,i have a question here in about amplifier booster mj2955 i built one of this with 100w output tranformer my question is can i parallel output transformer 100w+100w to make them 200w in single channel?i want 200w output for my 200w rms subwoofer then i dont have 200w transformer cause its so expensive,i only have 2x100w output transformer which i buy this not in the same time and i earn for this,thank you more power GOD BLESS US

Hello to all,
I am new to this forum and i,m from Cebu. I just want to ask here if there is anyone still following this thread. I'd like to ask,I have a booster amp,and it has 100W output,then its possible/ok that i load it a 2pc 200W MRP speaker at 8oms each? TIA for the reps

Hello to all,
I have a booster amp,and it has 100W output,then its possible/ok that i load it a 2pc 200W MRP speaker at 8oms each?

what are you trying to do, is your booster has two channel(stereo) and you will use the 2 speakers for its channel?...using higher wattage speakers in your 100w system will be okay.

On the other hand, if you will parallel 2 8ohms speaker on a single channel...your output trannies maybe damage due to higher current since your load will now be 4 ohms..

what are you trying to do, is your booster has two channel(stereo) and you will use the 2 speakers for its channel?...using higher wattage speakers in your 100w system will be okay.

On the other hand, if you will parallel 2 8ohms speaker on a single channel...your output trannies maybe damage due to higher current since your load will now be 4 ohms..
Yes it is 2 channel/stereo. And I have 4 MRP speakers rated 200W at 8 ohms. And I just want to tap it by 2 speakers every channel. Ok so,every channel it should be 8 ohms,not 4 ohms? Then its ok if it is higher wattage speaker in my 100W system?

Last edited:
Amplifier driving the speaker can be any wattage less than the speaker watts, but do not drive the amplifier into clipping.

Gajanan Phadte
Anyway thanks for you sir,now I know using higher wattage speakers in my 100w booster amp will be okay. My concern now is the ohms that I loaded to my system. BTW I have 8 trannies per channel of my booster amp. And some says that it is okey andmy trannies can handle my 4 ohms load.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.