hello, how about this booster for amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
using a battery does not require those big caps since a battery is pure DC no more ripples. We use big caps only for rectified Dc to lower the ripples that can make hum when injected to power amps.

kindly indicate what is your main purpose so that you will be answered or guided correctly. You can read basic articles so that you can understand further how devices works.

Hi everyone here,

I have another question here. I had a booster amp before installed on the multicab..then now I decided to use it in our house. My problem now is ,why is it that I've heared a hhhmmm sounds,by the time that it was on our multicab,theres no hhhhmmm sounds I've heared. I'm using now a two 6 ampers tranfo in my power supply. What parts that I should replace? Or the ecaps is too small in my power supply... I used 2,200uf ecaps on it. By the my booster amp is 100 watts stereo...

TIA for the reply....

Where ca I buy this booster? I just remember when I was a student and we like jeepneys with this kind of stereos...

Where you located in PH? I dont know if there are still available assembled units of this booster but there are still available parts in local electronic stores all over PH especially in Raon. Deeco have the input and output trafo's and the all semicons. You can simply DIY them....you can only refined the sound of this using a equalizer and a low wattage amplifier to drive it.

I use to build this things during my college days for the drivers who orders from me. Last month I got a piece of this from a junk shop with 16 good MJ2955's but the trafos are gone...just buy it for 20 Pesos (0.5 USD). with chassis and heatsinks, these parts reserved for future use.

This is a very cool "Old School" booster design. I know that the Hi-Fi guys will turn their noses up at it. But you need to ride a Cebu Jeepney to appreciate it.

I hope I can still source the trafos downtown, I will be back in Cebu at the end of the month.

Is there any advantage to using complimentary pairs in this booster? I'm intrigued at the idea of using a dual voice coil woofer and no output transformer.

I want to build one of these for my tricycle.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.