• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group order of non-inverted LM3875 pc boards? Anyone interested?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
School colors

Brian,

Thanks for making the pcbs red in honor of UGA!

David

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. I work for an engineering firm and most everyone else graduated from Tech!)

Attachments

• bulldog.gif
    bulldog.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 860
Got my kit in the mail today. "Rock and Roll" I now have a project for this weekend. I picked up two old dynaco amps (st-80 and st-120) at a garage/church sale for $10. Neither one works but the case from one and the heat sinks from the other will make a nice little package. Will post pictures later.

So how is the progess everyone? I think there are more than 10 ppl got their kit already. However, I am having final next week, so I can't do anything longer than an hr for this project, but I finished the soldering on the board already. Man it is so much easier, it only takes me like 8-10 mins to finish a set of stereo board. the next thing I am waiting to be deliever to me is the telfon wire. Then I need to drill some holes on my aluminum plates. Next I need to go buy some screws form HD and surplus store. Finally, I need to anodized the plates, and maybe some colors too, hehe. I hope I can finish all that by next week. Any pictures guys?:smash:

P.S: I have a hard time to figure out what is UXX (I got the GT) and which symbol represent which University.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
S.C said:
So how is the progess everyone? I think there are more than 10 ppl got their kit already. However, I am having final next week, so I can't do anything longer than an hr for this project, but I finished the soldering on the board already. Man it is so much easier, it only takes me like 8-10 mins to finish a set of stereo board. the next thing I am waiting to be deliever to me is the telfon wire. Then I need to drill some holes on my aluminum plates. Next I need to go buy some screws form HD and surplus store. Finally, I need to anodized the plates, and maybe some colors too, hehe. I hope I can finish all that by next week. Any pictures guys?:smash:

P.S: I have a hard time to figure out what is UXX (I got the GT) and which symbol represent which University.

Thus far, 132 kits and 50 pcb sets have been mailed out to 80 different people in 11 different countries. This accounts for 2/3 of the total orders. Please be patient, as I am getting the rest of the orders out as fast as I can. I didn't realize how much time it would take to put together a kit, packaging it together and having Meredith label the packages and fill out customs information.

Remember that if you complete your amplifier, using a kit that I mailed out to you, and post pictures along with a build description, I will mail you a free pcb set. This offer will go on for a while. I also will reward prizes for the best looking and most creative amplifier in the gallery, after a significant number of entries have been received.

For those with the kits, the manual is coming soon, as I am still revising it. I am working on my new website: BrianGT.com, which will contain the gallery, and information about the kits.

--
Brian

Brian,

How long will the free board offer be offered?
Will those of us that get our kits last get a chance at the free board?:confused:

Are you still sending out notification e-mails when you ship? And lastly are you still shipping out orders to those of us that paid $5 extra for the BGs?

Thanks for the work..I can't wait to get mine.:smash:

Joined 2002
kestrel200 said:
Brian,

How long will the free board offer be offered?
Will those of us that get our kits last get a chance at the free board?:confused:

Are you still sending out notification e-mails when you ship? And lastly are you still shipping out orders to those of us that paid $5 extra for the BGs?

Thanks for the work..I can't wait to get mine.:smash:

The free board offer will be going on for quite a while, at least until the end of April.

I haven't been sending out shipping notification e-mails, as I have been too busy sending out kits.

Your order shipped out earlier in the week. (I am assuming that your initials are MM, as there is only one person on my list from Mt. Pleasant SC.)

--
Brian

BrianGT said:
Thus far, 132 kits and 50 pcb sets have been mailed out to 80 different people in 11 different countries. This accounts for 2/3 of the total orders. Please be patient, as I am getting the rest of the orders out as fast as I can. Brian

I didn't mean to push u Brian, but I am asking the kits owner about their progess on building the kit amp. Anyway, u should spent more time on ur wedding thou since u scarfired some much time in this grp buying thing. Plz don't let us delay your honey moon also.... hehe!
:cannotbe:

BrianGT said:

The free board offer will be going on for quite a while, at least until the end of April.

I haven't been sending out shipping notification e-mails, as I have been too busy sending out kits.

Your order shipped out earlier in the week. (I am assuming that your initials are MM, as there is only one person on my list from Mt. Pleasant SC.)

--
Brian

Thx Brian!! Good to hear both pieces of news. I wasn't trying to be pushy either, was just a bit concerned because you had originallyindicated you were sending notices. Must say I was wondering how you were going to keep up with all that.

By the way I see on your website you lived in Metz France for a while. Believe it or not that is where my lineage traces back too. No really!! I was in the Air Force & stationed in Germany for four years and got the opportunity to go there. Did you get a chance to go to Alsace (sp?) It was beautiful! You need to take Meredith there. That is where our, the mrs. & me that is, 1st child was concieved.;) ..so you might want to wait a while.

Joined 2002
kestrel200 said:
Thx Brian!! Good to hear both pieces of news. I wasn't trying to be pushy either, was just a bit concerned because you had originallyindicated you were sending notices. Must say I was wondering how you were going to keep up with all that.

By the way I see on your website you lived in Metz France for a while. Believe it or not that is where my lineage traces back too. No really!! I was in the Air Force & stationed in Germany for four years and got the opportunity to go there. Did you get a chance to go to Alsace (sp?) It was beautiful! You need to take Meredith there. That is where our, the mrs. & me that is, 1st child was concieved.;) ..so you might want to wait a while.

Sorry for the confusion about the notices.

I had a great time in France over the summer of 2002. I went there for Georgia Tech's GT Lorraine program, which was a study abroad program based at their remote campus in Metz, France. The classes were taught in English and by US professors, so I never did learn much French out of the trip. The best part of Metz was it's geographical location, which made traveling around Europe very easy. The weekend started on Thursday afternoon, leaving Metz to go to travel and returning on Monday morning, catching an overnight train. There were also few weekends of travel around France that were planned for us. This was a really good summer, and I urge anyone going to college to take part in some kind of study abroad program during their time in school. The main focus should be to take as few classes as possible while abroad, and make the most of the opportunity to travel and experience a unique cultural experience. I managed to bring my camera for most of the travelling:
Gallery

The only bad part of the summer, was leaving Meredith at home in Georgia, where she took classes for the summer at school. The program was geared towards EE and ME, and not chemical engineering, which was her major.

As for a honeymoon, I am holding off for at least a few months, as I want to take a trip to Asia, visiting China and Japan, as both of us have already seen Europe.

--
Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.