• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group order of non-inverted LM3875 pc boards? Anyone interested?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
BrianGT said:

As for a honeymoon, I am holding off for at least a few months, as I want to take a trip to Asia, visiting China and Japan, as both of us have already seen Europe.

--
Brian

Haha, Meredith don't let this guy go to HK or any other places that is strongly related to electronic... , if you two are going to Asia. If not your honey moon will become his bussiness trip haha. J/king ! You two shall visit the places/city which "The King" used to go to and will have a great deal of time sight seeing over there. For shopping or food, plz go to either HK or Shang Hai. I think south east asia is more for relaxing experence. (The beautiful islands and the beaches with blue sea that you can actrually see the bottom.) China also have some places that is geologically great in sight seeing. They have the really different looking mountains from the whole world, and the rivers ! That's what we Chinese called "ɽˮ" Mountains and water(river/lake/sea).:devilr:

S.C said:

Haha, Meredith don't let this guy go to HK or any other places that is strongly related to electronic... , if you two are going to Asia. If not your honey moon will become his bussiness trip haha. J/king ! You two shall visit the places/city which "The King" used to go to and will have a great deal of time sight seeing over there. For shopping or food, plz go to either HK or Shang Hai. I think south east asia is more for relaxing experence. (The beautiful islands and the beaches with blue sea that you can actrually see the bottom.) China also have some places that is geologically great in sight seeing. They have the really different looking mountains from the whole world, and the rivers ! That's what we Chinese called "ɽˮ" Mountains and water(river/lake/sea).:devilr:

hehe Yeah i heard stories of the cheap electronics available in HK and Japan. Don't worry I'll keep him on track, that is if he ever saves up a enough money to take me. I have really wanted to go to China for a long time. My dad, while working for GE, went there in the early 80s when the country first opened up for outside investment. He really enjoyed visiting, and brought back alot of pictures.

I got my kit from Brian yesterday. Decided today to actually attempt to build at least one channel. Went out to round up miscellaneous wire and parts (had to go to 2 Radio Shacks, they have nothing anymore!) and left HomeDepot (had to get tap to attach chip to old Athlon heatsink) at 4pm.

I had music by 6pm!

This kit is the best! We all owe Brian a ton of thanks for making this so easy.

Thanks again Brian!

Since this actually worked for me, I'm going to throw together the other channel and do some real listening. I used a spare NHT SB2 that I didn't use yet for the living room "home theater" system. It sounds great by itself. Soon I will try both channels on my B&W Nautilus 805s.

David

Attachments

• lm3875.jpg
    lm3875.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 737
Yep, a Victoria Magnetics 2x14 150VA that I had for a project that I never started.

I think I paid $60 for that copper cored Alpha heatsink back when I thought I was cool for overclocking CPUs. Then I realized for what I was paying for special parts to get them to run semi-stable at a higher speed, I could just buy the faster CPU. YMMV.

David

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
net-david said:
Yep, a Victoria Magnetics 2x14 150VA that I had for a project that I never started.

I think I paid $60 for that copper cored Alpha heatsink back when I thought I was cool for overclocking CPUs. Then I realized for what I was paying for special parts to get them to run semi-stable at a higher speed, I could just buy the faster CPU. YMMV.

David

Looks good!

For others participating in the group order, I am still shipping orders out as quickly as possible. Here is a picture of the orders going out tommorrow morning, a total of 30 packages:

--
Brian

Attachments

• orders.jpg
    orders.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 626
ok, so i've got everything soldered except the caps (still gotta order them up). so here's what i got so far. i'm going to try to cram 2 channels (with the PS in something bigger) into this old case i salvaged from an old external scsi harddrive. i'm gonna try to use some pentium heatsinks (looks like they'll just about fit. paint it up a bit, maybe smooth out the face with some bondo, and deffinately keep the led's. so i guess i got a bit of a head start.....:D

Attachments

• combo.jpg
    combo.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 709
I bought an old instrumentation device to use its enclosure to stuff everything in. I'm a little concerned that the chips may end up being too close to the transformer, they'll be a couple of inches away, maybe less. We'll see how things turn out. If it's too noisy, I'll just find another case. For $16 I got a nice case, power switch, LED(s), IEC connector, and fuse holder. Can't complain :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.