• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group order of non-inverted LM3875 pc boards? Anyone interested?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
lieven said:
I ain't seen nothing yet:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

:smash: :drink:

All international orders are shipped USPS global priority mail, which takes 4-6 days. I don't know if that's 4-6 business days or not. Your order was shipped out last Tuesday (don't listen to brian, he doesn't bring the packages to the post office ;) ). Hopefully your package should be there very soon! Sorry for any inconvenience!

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
AR2 said:
Thank you Brian,
I just received my order.
I am just thankfull for all the efforts you put in this group order. Everything is looking great, and PCBs are just awsome. I am sure it took a lots a work, and I just want to tell you how much I respect all you did.
Sincerely
AR2

Thanks, I hope you enjoy them, and post pictures of a finished project soon. Don't forget that Meredith did a lot of work shipping out all the orders also.

--
Brian

While waiting for the PCB's

Don't try this at home. I've been reading and collecting parts to make a chip amp and after trying to do it part to part and breaking a pin to 2 on my first try i decided to order pcb's. But since i had the parts this is what i got to fit into this little case. It work great except for a slight buzz in the transformer. Output is very quiet. Plan to use it in my garage. Used all carbon composite in PeterD's G2 design. 50K dual gain. 20-0-20 transformer 2 rectifiers. It barely fits and is a mess of wires. The PCB's should make my next one alot cleaner.

Attachments

• mini-p3220009.jpg
    mini-p3220009.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 576
Power amp

What changes would be needed to convert the MereBriGT gainclone from an integrated amp with volume control to a straight power amp? I know to replace the input pot with a fixed value resistor of say 22-100k, but wouldn't the gain of the amp need to be reduced? What the heck is the gain of this amp in it's current configuration? My math has it as (22k+220)/680=32.67. Seems like of the commercial amps I have seen a gain factor documented it is usually around 30, so perhaps we are already at the right configuration.

David

Joined 2002
Re: Power amp

net-david said:
What changes would be needed to convert the MereBriGT gainclone from an integrated amp with volume control to a straight power amp? I know to replace the input pot with a fixed value resistor of say 22-100k, but wouldn't the gain of the amp need to be reduced? What the heck is the gain of this amp in it's current configuration? My math has it as (22k+220)/680=32.67. Seems like of the commercial amps I have seen a gain factor documented it is usually around 30, so perhaps we are already at the right configuration.

David

The kit is already configured to work fine without an integrated volume control. There should be no problems driving it with a preamp instead, as a straight power amp.

--
Brian

It's been discussed here a few times...

kestrel200 said:
BTW how difficult would it be to bridge two boards per channel to come up with a 100 watt per channel power amp? Are there any sites that talk about doing this sort of thing?

Kestrel2000,

Check out these links:

Bridgeclone
Overture Series High-Power Solutions.

I think a few people have worked on it around here. Brian shows an interesting proposition near the end of the first link.

Later,

Joined 2002
X.G. said:
BrianGT

Thanks your sharing PCB design.

I want to know :Could I make some PCBs for me and my friends according to your design(not for business).IF not,could I do that by modifying your PCB?

thx again.

X.G

You are welcome to copy it if you are not selling pcbs based on it. I will not be providing my pcb layout files for this project.

--
Brian

Joined 2002
Re: It's been discussed here a few times...

stadams said:

Kestrel2000,

Check out these links:

Bridgeclone
Overture Series High-Power Solutions.

I think a few people have worked on it around here. Brian shows an interesting proposition near the end of the first link.

Later,

I am going to try this out, hopefully soon after I get all the orders shipped out. I am aiming to get most of them finished tonight, as I finally got the last order of the resistors needed for the kits.

--
Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.