• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group order of non-inverted LM3875 pc boards? Anyone interested?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
S.C said:
Um.... how do I know I get the BG cap or not? If I got an e-mail from you that the BG cap is out, does it mean that I don't get the BG cap even I order them right after I got the first e-mail notice?

Sorry for the confusion, everyone who placed an order for the BG 4.7uF N capacitor upgrade will be receiving them. I disabled the order page before I ran out, ensuring that everyone who managed to place an order was able to.

S.C. this means that you will get these with your orders, and it will be shipping out hopefully early next week, depending how far down you are on the list.

I am sorry again for the confusion, as the orders for the upgrades came amazingly fast.

--
Brian

Joined 2002
AJ Bertelson said:
IF we choose to wait for the blackgates you pretty much won't have them till after your wedding on the 23rd correct?

Also it is $2.50 more for the black gates correct?

It should not take too long if you want to wait for more blackgate caps. It is $2.50 per cap, meaning a $5 upgrade per kit for the 4.7uF N caps. Michael Percy said that he should be getting more in stock possibly by the end of the week, or sometime next week. He is awaiting their arrival from Japan.

I am getting married on the 27th, and should definately have all the kits out by then. I am aiming to try to get all out next week, starting the final packaging when the boards come in this friday.

--
Brian

Joined 2002
Kitting process has begun... All parts but the boards are currently in, which I will get at the end of the week.

My fiance managed to get the printer to print out all the USPS Domestic Priority labels out, for easy mailing, and is partway through filling out the customs forms and mailers (no print labels for international).

For internation orders, if you have any special requests for what to fill out for the customs declarations, please send me an e-mail at:
brian-customs@darg.net
I will not be filling out the contents information until later. What should I fill out for the majority of them? I have been told by some people to declare "No Commercial Value", while others have said "Electronics parts - $20".

If you missed out on this group order, and want to get a kit, express your interest in the new Wiki:
http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=NI+GC+PCB+Group+Order+Phase+II
I will be offering basic kits in April, without premium resistors for $35 (price might decrease to $30 if there are a lot of basic kit orders.)

Note on picture: Not all kits contain BG 4.7uF N caps, unless you upgraded your order earlier this week. I currently am out of stock of extra caps for upgrades, but I can delay your order until I get more of them if you want. Another option is that I can ship out Nichicon Muse 4.7uF bipolar caps for no extra cost with your order. Drop me an e-mail if you have any special requests on the caps (use link below, not customs e-mail address. [I only have 60 Muse caps left for upgrades, so it will be on a first-come-first-serve basis for now. The rest of the orders will get 4.7uF Panasonic FC caps.]

--
Brian

Attachments

• kitting.jpg
    kitting.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 884
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
BrianGT said:
What should I fill out for the majority of them? I have been told by some people to declare "No Commercial Value", while others have said "Electronics parts - $20".

If Global Priority has no insurnce associated with it (which i expect), a nominal, but on the face of it reasonable, value is fine... at least to Canada... if there is insurance the true value is a good idea. Me i don't care.

dave

re ship to Canada

I think Brian's idea of some value on package is good, as it puts more responsibility on USPS. Say 10$ to $15 for one, 25 for 2 etc.
Samples not for resale is also good idea.

I had GST& PST as well as $5 service charge collected on last US shipment. So for ontario 15% on Canadian dollar value + the 5$ service charge.

Re Gifts: they DO open parcels including gifts on a sample basis.
I speak from experience. They are checking to see if it is a gift, e.g. card, gift wrap etc. Daughter in US sent shirt and carelessly put 50$US value. This exceeded the max of $50 CDN gift value. They opened package, and then ordered duty paid on total value. I sent it back and got it later.

I have a 2x26V 500 VA (open frame, no toroid) transformer here.

I measured it and it has 25,7 V AC and 33,4 V DC after the bridge diodes that came with it (was part of an old diy amp).

Would it be possible to power 2 kits (4 channels) with this transformer? If it's possible, should I use 2 power supply pcb's?

Rob

Joined 2002
debije said:
I have a 2x26V 500 VA (open frame, no toroid) transformer here.

I measured it and it has 25,7 V AC and 33,4 V DC after the bridge diodes that came with it (was part of an old diy amp).

Would it be possible to power 2 kits (4 channels) with this transformer? If it's possible, should I use 2 power supply pcb's?

Rob

That should work fine. That seems like an excessive drop over the bridge. Do you have caps after the bridge to get an accurate dc value?

As for the power supply boards, you can either use 1 or 2. If you use 1, you will have to either use terminal blocks, or splice wires together, as there is only holes for 2 channels on a single power supply pcb.

--
Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.