GC try

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Speaker Protection

Nice job Marc.

I am enjoying the installments also. As I am in the process of building a GC from Brians boards I have special interest. I just finished wiring up my power supply and lo and behold the voltages are correct. Hope to have a finished product and some pictures soon.

I have a question. I noticed that you have a relay on your speaker outputs. Is this in anticipation of adding the valve? I would be interested in the circuit details if you are up for it.

Thanks a lot.

Paul

Re: Speaker Protection

mourip said:
Nice job Marc.

I am enjoying the installments also. As I am in the process of building a GC from Brians boards I have special interest. I just finished wiring up my power supply and lo and behold the voltages are correct. Hope to have a finished product and some pictures soon.

I have a question. I noticed that you have a relay on your speaker outputs. Is this in anticipation of adding the valve? I would be interested in the circuit details if you are up for it.

Thanks a lot.

Paul

These relay are parts from my speaker dc protection and on-delay circuit. You can find détails
HERE (Its in french:D ). For one stéreo systèm you need 12V regulated PSU / one main board / 2x relay card

Marc

Very nice to say the least! Layout of your wiring look familiar then I found links to your other projects. Thats why it looked so familiar :D

Now my question. In this first picture you have RCA ground connected together.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Now in this one I am not sure if they are still connected ?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Jean said:
Very nice to say the least! Layout of your wiring look familiar then I found links to your other projects. Thats why it looked so familiar :D

Now my question. In this first picture you have RCA ground connected together.
Now in this one I am not sure if they are still connected ?

They still be connected together, to avoir ground loop.

Marc

Stabist said:
Hi Idefixes!

Great looking amp indeed!

One question - your first version of PCB - did you ever try to finish the amp with them or did you first modify the PCB? And what actually was "wrong" with the first solution?

Thanks in advance!
The first version wasn't wrong i bealivebut I do q second to have more suitable layout and to separate PSU Gnd and Signal Gnd. Normaly the first version should work.

Marc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.