GC try

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Since past month i read à lot stuffs of about GC and decided to try to build one for my office. The plaisant things with GC is de simplicity, the low number of parts and global coast but otherwise the big amount of evolution possibility. The first i will try is a NIGC based on LM375TF (I have 5 five in stocks). The trafo i will use is a 2x25V 300Va, some mur 1560 rectifier in double bridge, BG-N4.7µF and FC 1200µf for filtering.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Some 3D case views of what it could be : wood and steel mixing

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

PCB building, and parts soldering

Rectifier bridges

The fist evolution i will try is to add à valve (sovtek 6922) buffer.

Marc

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Nuuk said:
Nice effort Idefixes! You have obviously done your homework and put a lot of thought into your design.

If it sounds as good as it looks you will have a fine amplifier! ;)

Thanks Nuuk. A lot of my inspiration for the Valve buffer come out yours. I m waiting for two Sovtek 6922. Psu for these is based on a 80Va 2x25V tx with filtering trough BC056 1000µF/100V and 100µ/50V FC (all already in my stock) and 220R 3W resistor. For the heater i have a 10Va 2x9V and will use LM317 regulation.

Marc

BrianGT said:
Looks nice.

Be sure that you tie the input gnd and power gnd together. I run a trace between the two, which is kind of hard to see in the pictures:
Layout picture: http://www.briangt.com/order/images/gc.gif
PCB picture: http://www.brian.prohosting.com/pics/pcb1.jpg
The trace goes between R1 and R2 between the two planes.

Wishing you the best and good luck with this!

--
Brian

I think i will made a gnd star betwin rectifier bridge and LMpcb. I will connect to this point rectifier gnd, Lmpcb gnd, input gnd, speaker gnd. one star for each channel.

Marc

After few new topics readings, i decided to modified my pcb layout from my NIGC according to fact the fact it must be a signal ground star and a power ground star. I attemped to oversize pcb lane comparing before the old layout

The PCB has 60x35mm size

Marc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.