• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for R-2R Volume Controller with 4 inputs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Ristar,

It is not a complicate thing. There are two open collector transistors: one for stand-by and one for plate delay. All you need is to connect proper relays or anything you want to control. Open collector place "the ball" on your side, so it is more your implementation than mine.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi Tibi,

Thanks for quick reply. I just downloaded the schematic (sorry I bought prebuilt and didn't realize I needed it :eek:)

Can I just clarify that if J7 is open I'd get the delay?

Edit: just did that it didn't make a difference... mine was bent and shorted when it arrived and thought that was how it was supposed to function. I'll go try and figure it out..

Best,

Last edited:
You do not need schematic Just connect the coil from two relays on J7.
Each relay coil can have any Vcc up to 25V at 500mA. The ground must be connected to volume-controller ground and that's all. If you want to use same Vcc=5V from Volume-Controller, than you must look for relays which drain under 100mA.

Regards,
Tibi

You do not need schematic Just connect the coil from two relays on J7.
Each relay coil can have any Vcc up to 25V at 500mA. The ground must be connected to volume-controller ground and that's all. If you want to use same Vcc=5V from Volume-Controller, than you must look for relays which drain under 100mA.

Regards,
Tibi

Thanks for clarifying Tibi. I guess that means I need some extra relays (had thought that it was possible to wire the VC to just mute until the delay is up)

Hi Tibi,

Just trying to verify whether my transistor/output pins are dead. I did as you suggested... LEDs from J7 to gnd but nothing lights up and I measure very little voltage (mV in the 1 to 3).

The reason I'm worried was when I received them J7 pins were bent to be shorted together (I thought that was how it was meant to be and never bothered to undo the short.

Can you give me some clue if I understood you right?

Best,

Last edited:
Hi Tibi,

I have power cycled with the AC rather than just using the standby button (hopefully this is not a pre-requisite for using the tube delay?)

In any case, I've noticed a small difference. The pin on J7 that's furthest away from J2 turns on together with the relays instead of instantaneously (but it's still pretty quick... definitely not 30secs...)

Best,

Hi ristar,
as I remember from Danzup's thread, you must choose option "tube preamp" from menu, and during delay display must show "heating".

Thanks for the reply! That's the thing.... the tube delay is missing from the current firmware... but Tibi mentioned that the delay is still set for 30secs.

I think Tibi is trying to verify now as he is usually very responsive... will wait for his update.

Thanks for the reply! That's the thing.... the tube delay is missing from the current firmware... but Tibi mentioned that the delay is still set for 30secs.

I think Tibi is trying to verify now as he is usually very responsive... will wait for his update.

The menu was removed, but the function is still there. You can use it to delay plate voltage for a tube amplifier, or to delay speaker connection - same like a soft start.

Regards,
Tibi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.