• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for R-2R Volume Controller with 4 inputs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes and Yes , both should do the job .
Best regards.

Hi there! I managed to order one piece of the bare pcb sets. Unfortunately I was too slow to get the programmed microcontroller version. :mad: Now I need to learn how to use a heat gun and solder paste...

Would this be the right kind of device for flashing the Atmega?
Usbtiny Usbtinyisp AVR ISP Programmer USB for Arduino Bootloader Uno R3 TE514 | eBay

And for a display I'm considering to purchase this, which I believe should be compatible?
REC001602AYPP5N00001 RAYSTAR OPTRONICS - Display: OLED | TME - Electronic components

Is it possible to split the output in 2 if i want to hook up another amp? I´ll guess i have to consider the resistance or something?

Yes, you can. Maya is a constant output impedance volume-controller where maximum input impedance is given by load, in this case your amplifiers parallel equivalent resistance.
For example: If your amplifiers have 100Kohm input impedance and you mount two of them in parallel, than you have an equivalent maximum 50Kohm input impedance which is reflected at MAYA input as well.

Brgds,
Tibi

Yes, you can. Maya is a constant output impedance volume-controller where maximum input impedance is given by load, in this case your amplifiers parallel equivalent resistance.
For example: If your amplifiers have 100Kohm input impedance and you mount two of them in parallel, than you have an equivalent maximum 50Kohm input impedance which is reflected at MAYA input as well.

Brgds,
Tibi

Ok, i´m not having the Maya model though but i´ll guess it´s almost the same? I have the model from your GB before Maya. How low input amp resistance is ok to try? Or everything above 10.5k should work?

Hi ristar,
please test this version attached here : "atm16_r2r_v7_5_SE" and feedback about this.
It is intended for old r2r version without all transistors on pcb.
Best regards.
P.S. : That 4.3 version from our site is for old r2r with ALL transistors on pcb.
....sorry for this.
Hi Tibi,

The new file does not even power up the board. back to 4.1 now. The earlier 4.3 flashes fine but changes in volume clicks directly to output like the other transistor version software. This latest one does not even power up.

Attachments

• atm16_r2r_v7_5_SE.zip
    11.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Hi ristar,
please test this version attached here : "atm16_r2r_v7_5_SE" and feedback about this.
It is intended for old r2r version without all transistors on pcb.
Best regards.
P.S. : That 4.3 version from our site is for old r2r with ALL transistors on pcb.
....sorry for this.

Hi danzup,

Happy New Year! Unfortunately this does the same thing. if it offers any clues, the relays don't click when testing the communication with the controller with the avrdude -c usbtiny -p m16 command when the offending firmware is flashed.

Additionally, you just hear clicking through speakers with each volume increase. Back to 4.1 again.

To be clear, the version I have is the assembled boards from Tibi. The boards are white just like the ones in the guide. There was no option about choosing transistors installed... so this is a little inconvenient that firmware upgrades are difficult. Since 4.3 is the final version, I hope you can help with this.

Last edited:
Hi ristar,
I have tested 4.3 and this version on a old r2r without transistors board and all firmware are working without issue . Can you post here a picture of pcb with lcd front and back ?
I think there is something else here ...
I have attached the version 4.3 without transistor here.
Best regards.
Hi danzup,

Happy New Year! Unfortunately this does the same thing. if it offers any clues, the relays don't click when testing the communication with the controller with the avrdude -c usbtiny -p m16 command when the offending firmware is flashed.

Additionally, you just hear clicking through speakers with each volume increase. Back to 4.1 again.

To be clear, the version I have is the assembled boards from Tibi. The boards are white just like the ones in the guide.

Attachments

• ATM16_R2R_LCD_Vicol_v4_3_fara_tr.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 48
Hi ristar,
I have tested 4.3 and this version on a old r2r without transistors board and all firmware are working without issue . Can you post here a picture of pcb with lcd front and back ?
I think there is something else here ...
I have attached the version 4.3 without transistor here.
Best regards.

this version is 34k vs 36k from the one tibi posted earlier. the clicks only start from -32 and up... I didn't test all the way because I still like my unifield3 ;)

Attachments

• IMG_6584.jpg
    IMG_6584.jpg
    839.2 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_6583.jpg
    IMG_6583.jpg
    754.3 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.