• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for currymanDAC & PSU Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got my 3 PSU boards today. They look great and were packaged really well - thanks Ron.
Might be a couple of weeks before I get chance to populate them, as I'm in the middle of another project. Will send some pics as soon as they are done.
A big thanks to Daniel and Ron for all the work they put into this.
Gordon

Hi there!

First to say: all packets are on their way now. My place was just messed up really bad with all the packets and papers flying and laying around.
Thanks for confirming that you received your parcel.

@Jogi:
Thats really bad. Sorry to hear that. I am really sure the issue can be resolved in some way. Daniel, thank you for getting in contact with Jogi.

Greetings
Ronald

Hi All and greetings for the UK.

Although intended for use with the Curryman DAC the PSU boards offered through this GB are actually very flexible; I already have some pencilled in as power supplies for other projects.

To make the calculations easy I have produced, in liaison with Daniel (Curryman), an excel spreadsheet that will suggest component values for other situations. The attached zip file contains two versions of the spreadsheet in .xlsx and .xls formats, please feel free to download and use it (please be aware that I developed the spreadsheet in .xlsx format and have simply converted it to .xls and have not verified it).

The spreadsheet will offer suggestions for regulator voltage setting resistor values, pre-filter resistor values and suggested heatsinks ratings (along with part numbers from the Reichelt catalogue). It is for you to decide on transformer ratings etc. based on your load requirements and, of course, you cannot ask for anything beyond the component ratings (you won't get 5A out of it for example).

Within the spreadsheet, pink cells are for entering your required values and green cells are output calculations. I suggest you start by reading through the notes. Hopefully it is self-explanatory but I will try to assist if anyone gets stuck but be aware that I probably know more about spreadsheets than about electronic circuits!

I offer the spreadsheet with no warranty or guarantee but believe it is correct. If you spot an error please post an observation.

I hope it proves useful.

Ray

Attachments

• Curryman PSU Calculator.zip
    450.4 KB · Views: 109
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.