• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for currymanDAC & PSU Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there!

Package was delivered without any problems. Thought the Package would be bigger.

aGkqUO5.jpg

The PCBs are on the way. We are expecting delivery next week.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Sorry, the group buy is closed and all available PCBs and DACs are sold out.

@all: We had some trouble with the german customs which lead to some delay. Therefore PSU PCBs are still on their way (though almost arrived -> latest status: out for delivery :)).

I'll directly forward them to Ronald who will send them out together with the DACs.

kind regards, Daniel

So, only to inform you: The PCBs will be here next tuesday or Wednesday. I am preparing the packages now for delivery, so I only need to put the PSU PCBs into your packages and can finally get them sent out!

FYI: I am running the curryman DAC, the PSU PCB and a Amanero USB-to-I²S board only for testing purposes to see if the PSU is working nicely with the DAC. As an Amp I am using the SMSL 50-SA.

I had no "nice" enclosure to test it so I misused one packet as a "high-end" case . ! ^^ I know, the innards well deserved a much better enclosure! ^^
Now thats the most expensive and most high-end monitor stand I have ever had!

It sounds really nice. No hum or any other noise. Its purely fantastic.
Now after the exams one curryman DAC will be used with a raspberry pi in a nice enclosure which I already bought!

I know, it looks horrible! :eek::D

ALNIm5o.jpg

L85n7qX.jpg

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Teaser

Black PSU Boards look quite nice :)

Damn I can't keep one, all are reserved :grumpy:

With the PSU boards also an Isolator for the RPi and an unbalanced to balanced output board where delivered. Will test them first and probably make them open source (don't want another GB at the moment :eek:)

kind regards, Daniel

Attachments

• IMGP7568.jpg
    IMGP7568.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 317
  • IMGP7571.jpg
    IMGP7571.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 286
Joined 2010
Paid Member
The isolator is no requirement. Currently I am using the RPi with the curryman DAC without isolator. Work really fine.

Just makes wiring easier/better (U.FL) and - of course - provides isolation :D There are some reports that THD+N of DAC output is much worse when LAN is used compared to W-LAN - clearly a ground noise issue. Therefore I thought isolation might be a good idea :eek:

However this has yet to be tested...

kind regards, Daniel

Hi there..
Just wanted to inform you that the first batch will be sent out tomorrow and the second batch next week. It's really a lot of nasty and boring work! ^^ . Wrapping all those PSU PCBs into paper, attach the addresses directly around the DACs and PSU PCBs.

All these small packets are being packed now in bigger karton boxes ment for shipping. And my Brother is for one week in a different place in Germany, so I can not force him to help me! ^^

And don't mind the socks in the bass reflex pipe.. It was an experiment to see how the bass behaves with a closed bass reflex pipe.

I will post some more pictures of the packets next days...

Here is one:
aCWnd5G.jpg

Greetings!
Ronald

Will the psu's become available via minidsp or audiophonics?

Hi, just found out about this thread. I know i missed the the group buy, but i'm really interested in the psu boards.
I've build a couple of subbu dac's and still have two jg buffers waiting to be connected to it.

Will the psu boards become available in any way or form in the near future?

O.K., soldered the supply yesterday while watching a boring football match, voltages are spot on and I really like the compact layout and size, thanks to Daniel and Ronald again!
Then I connected the Dac and unfortunately measured 9 Volt offset on the left channel. Other one is at 0,5mV. So obviously there is something wrong with the output buffer fets on that side, despite there is a sticker with "QC passed" on the back.
So everyone should measure offset before connecting it to the preamp.
Question is, how to proceed now; sending it back? These little buggers are so incredibly small, I don't think I would be able to solder/desolder them.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Oh, that's really bad :mad:

miniDSP does really test every single DAC for quite some properties including output DC and a maximum of +/- 10mV is allowed so I am wondering what happend here :confused:

9V can only be one faulty JFET, bad matching would not lead to such high values (max. DC due to bad matching ~100mV). Are you sure that there is no short e.g. due to some wire rest falling down when stripping the cable (just had this problem here in another project)?

Maybe you can contact me by PM?

kind regards, Daniel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.