Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

haha, actually the hardware has not been changed. These were a gift for my parents. The hardware cannot be seen from far away, or atleast I don't think so. They are 400miles away right now so I can't change them, alough I did recently buy black screws.

Planet10,

I build a pair of Fonken MKIIs for a client and hopefully this weekend I will have a pair of GM's TL for the FE127 sitting on my desk.

Thanks,

Josh

"Olsen Style" variant called "Heidi Horn"

Just finished and now have as my main speakers. Modular design with an upper split-horn and main horn where where the two horn paths converge. Simmed well with Hornresp and MJK model worksheets. I have thread going related to this horn build. I am very happy with the sound especially when driven by a tube based amp. Uses just under two 4x8 sheets of plywood for each BLH. Driver used is FE208 Sigma but also sounded very good with FE207E. Here is the thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107278

It would not have been possible for me to build this without the sharing of knowledge by more experienced guys on this forum. Most particularly GM and Scott.

Attachments

• dsc00085.jpg
    dsc00085.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 5,541
Finally finished my FE208E Sigma Cabinets for FE206E.

Loving how they sound! Everything from Eva Cassidy to Kool and the Gang is sounding great. At first I thought something was wrong with the bass, but it is improving and sounds much better with the volume turned right up.

And yes, one cabinet is made out of mdf and the other out of ply :p

Thanks heaps to Scottmoose, Planet 10 and others for all the advice.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

wixy said:
Finally finished my FE208E Sigma Cabinets for FE206E.

Loving how they sound! Everything from Eva Cassidy to Kool and the Gang is sounding great. At first I thought something was wrong with the bass, but it is improving and sounds much better with the volume turned right up.

And yes, one cabinet is made out of mdf and the other out of ply :p

Thanks heaps to Scottmoose, Planet 10 and others for all the advice.

Nice!

Interesting damping material in the right speaker

:D

gmilitano said:

Looks great.

Any comments about MDF vs Ply?

Cheers,
Gio

In normal listening, I can't seem to notice a difference. But if I listen more critically, I think I can detect a difference sometimes, but the difference would only be small.

Scottmoose said:
Excellent build. Glad the bass is improving too. Have you made any other mods, or is it just break-in that's helping things along?

No other mods, just break in and changing the position. Although to be honest, the bass is still not fantastic. In familiar music some of the low notes just don't seem to hit where they are supposed to. I think I am probably just expecting too much though.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
wixy said:
[In normal listening, I can't seem to notice a difference. But if I listen more critically, I think I can detect a difference sometimes, but the difference would only be small.

Chris & i were discussing this last night... some of the major differences will be in stereo imaging, where the very subtle clues fill things out.

With 1 of each anything related to this will be out the window,

dave

PS: how is the bass coming along?

too early, still breaking in the speaker. I had them since two years but never used them :sorry: Up to know, this is pretty good but I won't say this is the best sound, it is just for fun. My web page is still up with the clones (sorry there was a typo in my signature URL) but I moved it.

Update at 8 ball audio

This is the latest addition to the family.

It's based on Sheldon's Tidy TL design and is a direct result of gaining a daughter who likes to shake things a lot.

My Highball designs had to be temporarily retired as there was too much risk of my daughter doing an Indiana Jones and shaking the stand so the speaker rolled off onto her !

I'd be interested to hear anyone else's experiences if they've used this design. Currently it has no BSC implemented or stuffing which i hope to add later.

Attachments

• longballside.jpg
    longballside.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 4,933