Paid Member
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
From topologies shown in post 442, which would be
best for minimum damping factor variation upon real load speaker impedance
that varies with frequency?

As a concept they all work, that's the central point. The imperfections are
mostly the qualities of the gain stage itself. The best in this regard is the one
with the highest amount of negative feedback and/or the topology with the
lowest intrinsic (open loop) output impedance.

Of course if you already have a very low output impedance, the need for
positive current feedback is very small.

:cool:

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
As a concept they all work, that's the central point. The imperfections are
mostly the qualities of the gain stage itself. The best in this regard is the one
with the highest amount of negative feedback and/or the topology with the
lowest intrinsic (open loop) output impedance.

Of course if you already have a very low output impedance, the need for
positive current feedback is very small.

From the above it looks like the open loop gain needs to be higher to have good results with positive feedback....but I thought that lower open loop gain due to use of Lateral mosfet was the reason to use positive feedback...:confused:

Fab

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
From the above it looks like the open loop gain needs to be higher to have good results with positive feedback....but I thought that lower open loop gain due to use of Lateral mosfet was the reason to use positive feedback...

The lower amount of negative feedback on this topology puts in a situation
where the output impedance is not very low. Positive feedback lowers the
output impedance.

If you already have a low output impedance, then you have less need of
this technique.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Srajan,

Thanks for this "never ending" review of the F7. Never before I read such a broad review where one amp was so thouroughfully compared with so many speakers and some other amps.
Your comments about possible reasons that the F7 or 30.8 sounds better with the one or other speaker are very interesting and uncommon in its broadness.

It is of course also a bit hard to see how insecure the perfect matching of an Amp with a speaker is in reality. Compared with the normal reviews, your review is irritating and revealing at the same time.

Thank you!
And continue please.... :)))

Joined 2006
Paid Member
There are a couple you can try...Reynolds Art Deco and Gradl font....i'm beting it's the second ...but they are very similar.

Both are free fonts....

Just remember the Logo is Nelson's....:cool: respect that.

There are plenty of gorgeous free fonts about....design your own logo.....it's fun.

Absolutely! I'm an Architect so I have a Fondness for Fonts.. and was trying to identify it... is all
Thanks.. by the way.
Seems you were right; Gradl seems as close But Reynold Art Deco Font seems as 'it'
It's an attractive one I understand it's choice.

Last edited: