First timer - desperately confused with the options...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for all of the info so far!

I have an opportunity to buy some second hand FE206E's which are $100 less than a pair of FE206En's.
Specs:
FE206En:
Fs: 45
Vas: 70.99
Qts: 0.19

FE206E
Fs: 39
Vas: 54.53
Qts: 0.18

Are there any real sonic differences between these two models? The FE206E boxes end up slimmer, shallower but taller, none of which I really like.

Thanks for the reply! I'm a little confused, is the E less harsh in the highs or the En? What is the better driver in your opinion?

I was originally planning on the 208e enclosure but it's just too complicated for my first build! Plus I'm not sure if I'm even staying in this country, so I don't want to put lots of effort in just to take the drivers out in a few months and send them to another country!!

The speakers are done finally!

Put my drivers in the cabinets... very nice sounding speakers...

One cabinet is with damping material (I've probably overstuffed it) the other running without any damping - I ran out of polyfill and also thought it would be a good experiment. Once I get the damping right, they should sound even better.

Will post some pics shortly! :)

i have builded both the 166en and the 206en.. bass is not the striking difference -treble is.
206en is clean and have what i think is called sparkling top -could be a bit hard but this can be cured.
106en is warm and soft but some might want to team them up with a (super?)tweeter.
bass wise they both do very well.

both sets of fostex could change as they are not quite "burned in"

Have stuffing in both of the cabs now.

I am really enjoying the FE166En BIBs... detail is top notch. Medwyn Goodall is so enchanting... :) Why didn't I go full range earlier?:headbash:

The mids are a just a tiny bit shouty for my liking... thinking of using phase plugs. Bass also wee bit thin - probably need to adjust the damping again.

Any idea on how to tune the BIBs using the Test Tones as suggested on Zilla's website?

Bigger Is Better 'BIB' Cabinet Dimensions - ZillaSpeak

-Zia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.