• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FetZilla groupsbuy 5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I'm afraid can't tell you for a week as I'm traveling interstate. I'm not sure it matters though...

If it was that simple id load the output with caps and be done with it, but a smps works differently. The documentation thread has a good post about changes needed to the amp to accommodate a smps.

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I'm looking forward to the build... As soon as I get through moving house! The case I ordered is apparently at the local Post Office, the SMPS arrived earlier, and I should have all the other bits and bobs already.

...All I need now are the boards and parts. And those pesky 0R15 smd filter resistors...

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the build... As soon as I get through moving house! The case I ordered is apparently at the local Post Office, the SMPS arrived earlier, and I should have all the other bits and bobs already.

...All I need now are the boards and parts. And those pesky 0R15 smd filter resistors...

Would be interesting if you could post your particular BOM later when everything is sourced. I too plan on using an SMPS, and if you are building according to Paul's instructions, i believe you only need 2 pieces 0R15's per channel instead of four, but i could be wrong(it was early in the morning).

What size caps do you plan on putting for the first and the second PSU caps? I'm going to try with 470uF as the first, and probably a wee bit larger as the second one, i guess it will be trial & error to see what the SMPS can cope with.

There is a wealth of information about particular component choices buried deep within the original threads, i feel like digging through it all again and collecting the pertinent information in one place, maybe Fetzilla deserves a Wiki article? :)

rgds,
Kristian

Do the 0r15 need to be smd? I think I have through hole on order.

Thanks, Terry

They need to be as flat as possible cause they come under the board.Maybe you can use the MPC resistors.Just let me know if you need some

Attachments

• mpc71.jpg
    mpc71.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 133
Joined 2010
Paid Member
@meanman That's a very kind offer! My original plan was to parallel a couple of 0r47 thru holes (there's a pic on one of the threads somewhere of someone who did the same) but it's not a very elegant solution. If you could include the resistors in the order that would be great, assuming they are a reasonable cost. I had a quick look last night and the recommended part was $7AUD at mouser per unit! At that price I'll happily improvise my own solution...
In short, if the resistors are a fair price I would very much appreciate it if you include them in my order meanman. Thanks!

@yakuza I'm not sure my final BOM will provide much insight! I tend towards the view that I'm unlikely to pick the difference between passive part types in the end sound, and I sleep well enough at night not worrying about not using boutique parts... However a wiki entry is likely to be quite useful to most!

@meanman That's a very kind offer! My original plan was to parallel a couple of 0r47 thru holes (there's a pic on one of the threads somewhere of someone who did the same) but it's not a very elegant solution. If you could include the resistors in the order that would be great, assuming they are a reasonable cost. I had a quick look last night and the recommended part was $7AUD at mouser per unit! At that price I'll happily improvise my own solution...
In short, if the resistors are a fair price I would very much appreciate it if you include them in my order meanman. Thanks!

Right, i forgot those resistors were some pricey bastards. Maybe getting extra just for safety is a bit over the top.

@yacuza I'm not sure my final BOM will provide much insight! I tend towards the view that I'm unlikely to pick the difference between passive part types in the end sound, and I sleep well enough at night not worrying about not using boutique parts... However a wiki entry is likely to be quite useful to most!

Yeah it seems building the Fetzilla with just standard run-of-the-mill parts yields quite good results. This also rings true with the old adage that implementation, layout and construction account for 90%, component selection(within reason) the other 10%.

The SMD 0R15 resistors cost between 2 and 3 AUD.The same as I use in my previous groupsbuy.Just build your FetZilla with good parts not exotic ones,I did use Panasonic FC
The price depends on how many I buy 1 to 25 = 1,10 Euro without VAT from 25 pieces 0,88 Euro , 100 pieces 0,77 Euro

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.