• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FetZilla groupsbuy 5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Joined 2010
Paid Member
The plan is to run both boards off the one supply. Back of the napkin math suggests that if a 300W unit worked for MM at 36V rails, a 200W unit should be ok at 25V rails. I'm considering the higher bias as I'll be over-heatsinked and should be able to manage a bit more dissipation. My amp power needs are pretty low as I'm using high efficiency speakers and I expect I'll be using the Fetzy in Class A pretty much all the time.

That said, this is planned to be a summer amp and I would like it to be a bit cooler than the other amps I have. Temp outside around here recently hit 43C, and I start feeling sorry for the hotter running beasts I have here... :)

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Sorry if I've taken us OT, but I'll be well interested to hear what you have to say about the experiment.

For myself I also intend to try and sub in a bf862 in place of the k170, but perhaps I'll save that for the build thread :)

Oh, and last thing, MM I really liked your enclosure for your fetzy build - nice!

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I'm a bang-for-the-buck kinda guy so if you see no difference get the cheaper one :)

On that note - what sort of costing are we looking at for the small fets and laterals? I'm committed to the buy, but i'd like to get an idea what to budget for.

Thanks!
PS smps should be here soon and I'll lob in on the scope and see how noisy it is... Still looking forward to any news on your experiment MM!

PPS Hope everyone had a good christmas! All the best.

I'm a bang-for-the-buck kinda guy so if you see no difference get the cheaper one :)

On that note - what sort of costing are we looking at for the small fets and laterals? I'm committed to the buy, but i'd like to get an idea what to budget for.

Thanks!
PS smps should be here soon and I'll lob in on the scope and see how noisy it is... Still looking forward to any news on your experiment MM!

PPS Hope everyone had a good christmas! All the best.

I 'll post it here today what the costs are for the whole package.What I know now is for the price of one ALF fet you've two Renesas fets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.