F6 Amplifier

Basically this:

Inverting one of the secondary windings on the transformer. Or will that result in no output?

Nice idea but if u try there will be no sound. If you want to play with SE using F6 i think is a nice idea anc quite simple, just disconnect the transformer secondary for the top fet and replace with a jumper wire. So the bottom fet drives the output, and top fet just acts as a load. Not an aleph of course so won't be much power but will be pure single ended ...... Edit: leave the unused secondary alone or can parallel for better drive to bottom fet.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Maybe F7

It is derived from the "Beast with a thousand JFets" by Mr. Pass. It has the simplicity and efficacy of his design doctrine, plus the usual front end of several FW amps.

Attachments

• MaybeF7.jpg
    MaybeF7.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 513
Another thing I thought about:

If I've understood correctly the purpose of the transformer is to act as a phase splitter. If you already have a balanced source, would it be possible to skip the transformer, the feedback and just connect the inputs directly?

Attachments

• F6-No-Transformer.png
    F6-No-Transformer.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 415
Hmm, the pursuit of knowledge continues...

Would this work or have I forgotten something this time too? ;)

And on another note, If I've understood correctly the F6 has very much in common with the JLH / PLH except that now a transformer splts the signal. And that the "sound tuning" is about letting one side doing more or less ( or equal ) load of the other side.

If one would go pure SE and disconnect the trafo from one of the parts would it be enough to connect a jumper wire on the then ccs side? Would be fun to build one and compare against my F2.

Attachments

• F6Again.png
    F6Again.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 396