F6 Amplifier

You are running in several direction. Wish you would settle down.
You have me interested in the buffer version.

Rush

=)

The lowpass a secondary is probaly something I won't do, at least at first but when I thought of it it seemed a good idea to just throw the question so I wouldn't forget it.

The two designs I wish to test first is:

#1 something with no feedback, but still decent roll off for full range.

#2 a current feedback version.

Back to the buffer: if you put 2SK170 as buffer won't it have gain itself or is that where the degeneration comes in?

And I wonder here on the drain of the lower jfet, it shoulnd't have all the voltage from v+ to v- right? So should it be connected to ground there or would that be bad and it would be better to go to v+ but reduce the voltage first with a resistor? Or I'm just confused and it is something else you should do ;)

Attachments

• F6BufferNew.png
    F6BufferNew.png
    171.7 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

nope - too high Idss/Vgs , so impossible to squeeze needed value of Rs in 1V25 , which is Vgs for output Jfet

A triode is a candidate to make a hybrid; [diyF6H].

nope in my world , where I refuse to use any part in starvation mode ( either voltage or current)
even if you use low voltage toob , they're inferior to properly implemented small Jfet

So if Rx and Ry are set at 5k ohms, the 2SK170 should only see about half the +/- 23 volts. The current would be about 4.4 mA and dissipation on the jfet should be about .1 watt. What idss should we use?
See attached.
What am I missing? Will this work?

Rush

Attachments

• RawF6TrafoBuffered2 Mod 2.jpg
    RawF6TrafoBuffered2 Mod 2.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
So if Rx and Ry are set at 5k ohms, the 2SK170 should only see about half the +/- 23 volts. The current would be about 4.4 mA and dissipation on the jfet should be about .1 watt. What idss should we use?
See attached.

Rush
[Ry] calculates to be 270 Ohms. What is the voltage at point 8 of the transformer for the bottom circuit?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
See attached.

Rush

:rofl:

you're Dodo in da head almost as Dumbest of Them All - Mighty ZM , itself

:clown:

you need , say , around 1V2 across both Rx and Ry

then bias seting ports are there to fine tune bias/current through outputs , same as in original scheme

if you put 5K for Rx and Ry , then cuyrrent through buffer Jfets need to be ridiculously small ........ 1V2/5K=240uA
say that you have small Jfets in 10mA range ; then 1V2/10mA=Rx=Ry=120R

put 150 to 180R for starters and enjoy

edit:

Rx needs to go to output node , not -Ub

Last edited: