Attachments

• IMG_9678.png
    IMG_9678.png
    196.1 KB · Views: 117
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Completion Kit Alert,

Thanks to member Oreo382 we have discovered that the insulator pads for the output transistors are
not very insulator:

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...dio-store-feedback-thread.221467/post-7635232

My reply was:

It's always something...

Thank you for this correct information.

Looking at the BOM I see Digikey part BER1340, and I don't see it when I go to Digikey, but I trust that this is the case.

Fortunately it's not an issue with the anodized sinks from the store, which insulate into the megohms, but it would be
a problem with bare metal.

Also fortunately we have not yet shipped the second batch of these kits.

Of the 100 kits that have shipped, I am happy to mail different insulators to send to anyone with bare metal sinks.

You can send your address to nelson@passlabs.com

:snail:

Reactions: 3 users
You have done so much, no one on the site doesn't have keratherm stock at hand already paid for. What you provided is a gift and was not expected to be provided.

:)
I second this!! The price of the kits are beyond reasonable. A couple of extra bucks is a no brainer!

I may be a greedy boy, but NOT an ungrateful greedy boy!

Call me reasonably greedy!?😂

Reactions: 3 users
I tried out the suggestion @seventenths posted #931 (https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/f5m-kit.408290/post-7635258) which was sourced on Amazon and it's confirmed legit Keratherm 86/82 0.25mm. I used a cutting board and hole punch to make up 4 replacements. Wasn't pretty, but I was going full "diy" mode at the time.

Just tossing out more options. Not a bad price overall. The 0.3mm 86/82 was cheaper still, but I didn't feel comfortable deviating from the standard thickness as I have no clue what I'm doing most of the time.

20240322_180722.jpg

20240322_184759.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
The same as always, an X1Y1 rated 3300pF safety cap.
The above was in response to a question from mkrawcz asking about the cap across hot and neutral.

I'm just starting my build (delayed by a trip to Japan). I have on hand some Murata ceramic disk X1/Y2-rated 250VAC safety caps, 10000pF. Suitable for use here?

I also have some EMI-suppression EPCOS/TDK 100nF X2/305VAC MKP X2 rated caps.

Edit: the build will be for 120VAC/60Hz.