F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AudioSan:
Thanks for the helps.
BTW, I read about your threads about dual mono above.
I am sourcing for chassis.
I just wonder if the PSU (Toroid transfo + 16 huge caps) is taken out to a short chassis and leaving all Stereo parts ( inputs & outputs ) in a 17" X 16" X 6" (high ) chassis with the mosfets mounted to the sinks with fins as 2 walls on 2 sides . With the big empty space in the center releases much of the demanding heat sink to 2 moderate sink of 16" X 6" X 1.5" (fin) ?
You know I am a newbie, just curious would it work for at least v2 with 32V rail (or v3 ) .

Last edited:
hello. if you have a well vented chassis. and +/-32V 4 pair of output fets.
say you bias it at 1.6A . 32x1.6x2=103W pr ch. (40WclassA in 8ohm)
then the 4U400mm(modushop) chassis will be perfect. or if you like to build chassis.
then heatsinksUSA's 10.08" profiles 6" are great. 2 pr side. they can do 130W+ pr side if the outputs are well spaced:)

Thanks. I figure to use Dual PSU in a ~ 4" high chassis to give 2 X 500W toroidal power house feeding the vented but no fan 4 pairs FET Amp F5 Turbo circuits.
The rectifying cost is mainly the 12 cap anyway and price of 800W toroid may be doubled that of 500W's. In contrast to 2 muscular 10" monoblock chassis building, this alternative approach save some steel for military tanks production

Last edited:
So we know we need about 2 six inch heatsinks 12 inches wide with 2 inch fins (HEATSINK USA).
if we used one common sink for cooling the diodes, how large would that be? Could you think of a configuration to have that third heatsink as the front or back panel of the enclosure?
I still like the idea of one enclosure for stereo, but im not sure how to make that work....
Thanks for answering my questions..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.